Sprint Booster

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I was invited up to Star Performance to try out one of these Sprint Booster modules, which is supposed to transform the throttle response on drive-by-wire cars, so I went up - had one fitted which only takes about 5 mins (unplug the cable to the pedal, fit the module and plug back in) - then went for a drive to feel the difference.

I was sceptical but all I can say is wow ... feels like a cable throttle now - response is instant and the ultra-sharp, sensitive response makes the car feel quicker as a result. It's amazing how lazy the factory response actually is, which you only realise once you've got one of these fitted.

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

It's not cheap at £165 + VAT but it definately works and is by no means a useless gadget IMO.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Not sure, as the sprint booster imporves the response time to open the trottle body.
Do diesels have trottle bodies?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Dont know if they have thottle bodies, but surely its a electronic switch or pulse that starts the acceleration sequence off, so surely the switch under the accelertor pedal is just a mere relay...
Or maybe its the fact that theres a delay in the switch on a diesel for a reason?
Need to get a resident TDI vag tuner in here! lol

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I'm sure Jim said he'd done a couple of diesels, could be wrong though. I tried to get one off MS Tuning ... waste of time, gave up, then as luck would have it Star contacted me saying they were now doing them after testing them on their own cars. Star are fitting them free of charge, units cost £165 + VAT, they've fitted around 12 so far with nobody coming back for a refund!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise