squeeky noise from brakes when reversing!

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
i have a cupra r an have a few problems i was wondering if anyone could help..... the 1st problem happens ramdomly when i have been driving an i go to reverse there is a big squeeking noise that sounds a bit like something binding could this be a sticking calliper or the lips on the disks causing ths noise....... secong thing is when people sit in the back off my car there is a horrible squeeking noise when gettin in these noises make the car sound ****...... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.........

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
squeeky noise PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

i have a cupra r an have a few problems i was wondering if anyone could help..... the 1st problem happens ramdomly when i have been driving an i go to reverse there is a big squeeking noise that sounds a bit like something binding could this be a sticking calliper or the lips on the disks causing ths noise....... secong thing is when people sit in the back off my car there is a horrible squeeking noise when gettin in these noises make the car sound ****...... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.........

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
have a search, 'leon rear caliper problems' or something. or just scroll through the first few paces on this forum. very recently there was a long thred ref this issue. its very common. assuming its the same as several of us, sounds like a fog horn/ rather upset donkey? mine was taken in by dealer and they (under warranty) fitted a fix kit that involved weighting the rear calipers. dont go buying disks just yet!! if it was the same as myself, seat asured me there was no safety implications to worrky about, kit is just under a tonne i think. anyway have a search about. i know your pain though, probably woke up my whole street everytime i got home in the wee hours!!

Deleted member 20376

yeah i had this problem and i put a post up the other week. so bloody annoying it still there too grrrrr

Bosher

started on mine ever since i fitted some Black Diamond drilled & grooved discs on the front, prob just a bit of chatter from the pads rubbing. Sounds embarrassing but it's not doing any harm... Had same noise on my last car when i uprated the brakes.

Bosher

My pads have copperslip on them but my discs are drilled and slotted so prob something to do with the grooves and how they run across the disc surface.

The squeaking m8 is prob a rubber bush, does it stop when/after it's been raining? If so get some aerosol white grease, (this is usually rubber safe but check the one u buy) and spray round all the rear suspension bushes. Usually does the trick.

Deleted member 20376

but other people will hear it an when i pull up in town it will sound like a bag of nails?

i no how u feel i heard theres an upgrade that goes on the handbrake just before the brake but they are discontinued and are around £180 and some people say it hasnt fixed the problem. ive had to new rear calipers and still it does it.

sorry pal you might just have to live with it.

Deleted member 20376

i dunno if new pads n discs will do it but still that aint going ot be cheap. i thought once mine had warn in it may stop but it hasnt as yet. bloody annoying

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members