ST 4drive 300 exhaust

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I think I got lucky with my Cupra R ST as it probably sounds more like the ‘Stage 2’ sounds on that video clip linked to above.

I know it’s got 4 exhausts compared to the regular ST’s 2, but I thought it was just aesthetics tbh and offered nothing functional.
I don’t know if any other changes were done to the system.

I'm pretty sure the Cupra R ST use an exhaust system identical to the Golf R (with identical back boxes even) and it is much louder than a regular ST so it's not just different tips :)

Reactions: Slickric21

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
I thought I’d read somewhere it didn’t have it, and the workaround was to make it a ‘limited edition’. Maybe I’ve confused it with something else.

Still I don’t get why the specs for the Cupra R ST are 0-62mph in 4.9sec and 164g/km (same as the pre GPF cars) and the regular Cupra ST which does have a GPF is 5.2sec and 161g/km.

The Cupra ST R has the GPF that why power from the ABT tune is restricted to 350bhp

Any 7 speed DSG Cupra ST300 are all GPF equipped and have no MPI injection

The Carbon Edition and ST R share the Golf R 7.5 estate exhaust system with painted gloss black tails pipes

not sure on the timing data but take most of figures with a pinch of salt as my stock Carbon was managing 4.6secs 0-60mph

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The Cupra ST R has the GPF that why power from the ABT tune is restricted to 350bhp

Any 7 speed DSG Cupra ST300 are all GPF equipped and have no MPI injection

The Carbon Edition and ST R share the Golf R 7.5 estate exhaust system with painted gloss black tails pipes

not sure on the timing data but take most of figures with a pinch of salt as my stock Carbon was managing 4.6secs 0-60mph
ST R and Carbon Editions exhausts are slightly different. Carbons have a resonator, ST R's don't. Well assuming they have the same system as the Golf R Estates with GPF anyway.

Deleted member 103408

Just seen a quote on the have you ordered a Cupra yet and a member saying they will take the GPF straight off.

I suspect in 3 years time in the UK this will become a MOT Fail but does anybody know if this has issues with the stock map on the car.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Just seen a quote on the have you ordered a Cupra yet and a member saying they will take the GPF straight off.

I suspect in 3 years time in the UK this will become a MOT Fail but does anybody know if this has issues with the stock map on the car.
How would one remove it both physically and in the software?
Are there any downpipes that fit bolt on and can someone remove it by coding?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Bloke on a Facebook group had just had his car tuned by Unicorn to stage 2 with GPF delete system by Milltek.

His car was dyno’d at 315hp before remap this was with several mods including Racingline R600 intakes, turbo inlet & pipe, Wagner Intercooler, and Milltek Turbo-back with sports cat and GPF delete downpipe.

It’s now running 385hp after Unicorn stage 2.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Bloke on a Facebook group had just had his car tuned by Unicorn to stage 2 with GPF delete system by Milltek.

His car was dyno’d at 315hp before remap this was with several mods including Racingline R600 intakes, turbo inlet & pipe, Wagner Intercooler, and Milltek Turbo-back with sports cat and GPF delete downpipe.

It’s now running 385hp after Unicorn stage 2.
Could you link the gpf delete pipe? Had no idea one actually existed. I've tried Searching but haven't found ine

Deleted member 103408

Just like the DPF it has started, I still believe this is like running a car without a cat and will require a friendly MOT Station to pass it in 3 years time.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Just like the DPF it has started, I still believe this is like running a car without a cat and will require a friendly MOT Station to pass it in 3 years time.

He’s been told that when had it fitted I believe.

Could you link the gpf delete pipe? Had no idea one actually existed. I've tried Searching but haven't found ine

Milltek used his car for the development of the system, so I’d expect it to appear shortly.

Apparently when he had the system fitted on Tuesday after 20miles or so of driving he got an (expected) emissions warning light and the car limited itself to 4k rpm.
That Was obviously mapped out when Unicorn did the stage 2 tune today.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
He’s been told that when had it fitted I believe.

Milltek used his car for the development of the system, so I’d expect it to appear shortly.

Apparently when he had the system fitted on Tuesday after 20miles or so of driving he got an (expected) emissions warning light and the car limited itself to 4k rpm.
It would be very onterintere to know if it improvef the sound any, did he mention this?

h-a-r-r-y

Feb 12, 2019
Sweden

I was going to ask, doesn’t the GPF have a sensor somewhere? Wasn’t that the point of it, that if the engine hit some critical emissions limit it would turn on?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
26BD0CCD-E13C-49C5-A149-E477CF031900.jpeg
26BD0CCD-E13C-49C5-A149-E477CF031900.jpeg
It would be very onterintere to know if it improvef the sound any, did he mention this?

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I was going to ask, doesn’t the GPF have a sensor somewhere? Wasn’t that the point of it, that if the engine hit some critical emissions limit it would turn on?
Yes there are 2 sensors after the gpf

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.