stage one map. 0-60

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I have tried looking for this already, but failed to find it. Booked car into p-torque for a stage one map, just wondered what 0-60 times and top speeds i'd be looking at. Also any negative points to a remap? Car is a pd130 which in terms of performance is standard. Cheers guys

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Top speed won't change, 0-60 might go down a little. I think the remap will be more than just a tool for sprinting, its the rolling / in-gear accelerations that you will notice more eg. 30-60mph or 50-70mph. Might get more MPG too! Good choice of remap too, very popular on here!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i have a P torque stage one and love it. as said the topspeed will not really be effected as that is controlled by the gearing of the gearbox not the power of the engine.

0-60 is quicker then standard but i dont know how much by. you mainly notice how smooth the power delivery is after the map and how the car will pull and pull until the red line

Mar 8, 2007
I'd say with a stage one remap a PD130 Ibiza will do 0-60 with a good driver in something like 7.2 seconds.

I have a fabia vrs which is heavier probably something like 7.5 seconds.

Jordan20vt

Mk3 20VT
Jan 14, 2006
Rugby
Yes but you don't 'run out of gears' on a stock PD130, top speed is limited through engine power vs wind resistance, therefore it will be able to acheive a higher top speed.

I know my old 130 did.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Stock they pull quite well, so very much looking foward to being thrown into my seat lol

you dont get the thrown back in to the seat effect so much with the p torque map as its a smooth delivery and does not have any torque spikes like say the revo map.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ffair enough, guess smooth power delivery is better!

you still get a kick just not as much as torque happy remaps! i went for P Torque as it was cheap, have decent results and the fact its a smooth map. Torque happy maps will eat your clutch!

chispadete

Yes but you don't 'run out of gears' on a stock PD130, top speed is limited through engine power vs wind resistance, therefore it will be able to acheive a higher top speed.

I know my old 130 did.

well done! someone with some knowledge posting between all the drivel!

nail on head so to speak. only way you would run out of gears when i looked at a old pd130 sport is if you were doing 196mph! or the fr was 163mph or something.

more power = faster top speed esp if its a decent remap and the power is further up the rev range

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
I don't think top speed is the main issue - who's going to realistically drive 130mph+ in the UK?

As for the P-Torque remap, it really is the best thing you can do. 0-60 is quicker, but that's not the real advantage from the remap. It's the overtaking grunt you get from it. You just can't beat the feeling you get from putting your foot down to overtake. I still get an adrenaline rush 3 years after having it done!!

The remap will show up the inadequacy of the standard suspension set up, but that's another story...

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
And your mpg will definately improve. I now get at least 50mpg, whereas before the remap I wasn't!!

Last edited:

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
bold 'claims' its the best map...

did P-Torque tell you that :cartman: Id love 105.4mpg!

Erm, I didn't mean P-Torque were the best, I meant that getting a remap done was the best!!

I knew someone with a poor grasp of English would misinterpret the mpg quote, there's a comma in there.......;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.