standard internals limit

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
Hi all, im new to this forum so please be patient with me. finally got myself a MK3 cupra and have big plans for it. However does anybody know the kinda power limit before having to forge the engine? iv heard around 350bhp but would like to hear this off a few more people.?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Most people say over 330 and you're pushing it. All depends how far you want to push your luck.

If it was me, I wouldn't run stock internals over 300 BHP

ian_cupra

depends on the set up you got too i think, hybrid is on the power quicker than big turbo's, so the internals cant take as much as the power is full on very quickly, wouldnt go over 300 on hybrid, if big turbo, i'd go upto 320 max

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
just bought a 248bhp cupra off piston heads and wondered how much further i could take it, thats all. what kind of boost pressure can you run safely with the KO3s?

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
I've been told std internals would take 340/350bhp but i wouldn't and ain't trusting it myself, it's only what i've been told so may not be gospal!!!

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
is there any chance of more power without going bigger turbo again? do any of you boys think about flowed heads, cams etc with your setup?

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
yeah but i dont have to increase the boost to flow the head and fit high lift cams.

the ignition timing and fueling may need altering but boost should stay the same.

im not really new to the modding world but am new to turbo's.

had a saxo vtr beofre the cupra.
started out life as a 90bhp 1997vtr. i then dropped a vts engine in and with various mods including fully flowed engine (head, inlet, throttlebody) and a set of high lift cams (catcam 708's) it made 147bhp @ the wheels after spending 8hours at chipwizards in rochdale being mapped.

JJ_arosa

bigger turbo mate people dont seems to cam these engines not realy worth it when you can just buy bigger turbo lol

happy with the speed of my old car then mate ? it did go very well not a patch on my new one though

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
YES MATE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SPEED. (sorry caps) i think the filter is too far down though (being behind the fog light)
It gets soaked in wet weather and that trips out the MAP/MAF sensor which is why it was going into limp mode. now that its stopped raining were boosting off the gauge...

got a few sneaky plans ;) watch this space! lol

JJ_arosa

good good for the price you would not have got a cupra with all the mods else were lol

glad your happy :)

service be in post this week sumtime mate and a vag com disk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members