Standard LCR Exhaust - How long did yours last?

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
My 55 plate LCR has done 38K and this morning when I started it up I thought the exhaust was partcularly noisy and sounded it had a hole in it. Once it got warmed up, it sounded a bit more normal. Had a look underneath today and the exhaust looks fairly rusty. I'm looking to keep my LCR standard and the thought of paying for a new standard exhaust scares me. Just wondering how long your LCR exhaust last till it fell apart.

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
rusty exhaust

hi mate i have a leon fr i was cleaning mine the other day and noticed my backbox rusting my car has only done 28k mjust be crap metal

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
By a nice CAT back blueflame system mate!

Has a nice oval tail pipe and a lovely sporty sound but nothing ridculous

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Mines comming off soon as its falling apart and was also a MOT advisory at 65k and 5 years old. one of the hangers snapped off miles ago and i realised the previous owner has bodged it with a jubilee clip.

dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
mines just over 3 and a half years old, done 23k and the bracket holding the backbox on has corroded away. the rest of it looks rusted to high heaven as well.

All is well though, as I am going to order a blueflame catback to replace it :D

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I might have mis heard, but the rumour was that blueflame had stopped making the oval pipe for the Mk 1 Leon.

mattfas

Apr 6, 2009
leeds
blue flame

on there website its 346quid for the cat back system
or how about a piper there cheaper at 314quid for there cat back system whats the difference between the 2 do they both sound the same

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hmmm i must of dreamt it then. Im sure someone told me that at Snetterton this weekend. Then again, maybe it was just the voices in my head.

joely

Mar 20, 2006
Towcester
My LC is still on it's original and it's done 110k now, at the last MOT it was mentioned the exhaust bracket is a bit rusty and that is usually the bit the fails first.