standard radio code

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
My friend has a PD100 ibiza and has put the radio code in wrong 3 times, which of course has locked it out saying "SAFE" all the time, is this a dealer fix plug in job or a call to the dealer to retrieve the code (which was never input in the manual when she got it)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I think you can just leave the engine off for a while and then you get more attempts. If you don't know it (like me) then you have to take car into dealers for them to retreive radio code and pay an hour's labour :(

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
thanks, will see if she can try that. Still dont have the code though so its prob going to be a trip to the stealers.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Did you get the radio code for yours and how much did they charge? My radio manual doesn't have it in there but it says 'If the radio card with code number should be lost, please contact a SEAT dealer. There you will get all the help needed without any expense' :-o

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
I didnt have the code for mine and my local dealer wanted to charge me £33+vat to get my code from seat, so I rang the dealer the car was originally bought from gave em my reg no. and they had it on record and gave me it for free! :D

chazzyd

yeh disconnect batt and leave it for a while..should be sorted!

ClareB

I replaced my head unit yesterday and rung my local Seat dealer who would have happily charged me an £21 to retrieve my radio code. He did suggest I ring the dealer where the was originally bought from, which I did and got the code for free. YAY! So it's worth doing that before you pay for it.

I did have a few problems getting the old radio out though, so went to halfords and was helped for free to remove the old one and replace with the new one by a very nice man! Must have been Christmas cheer :santa:, but nice when people are helpful and it's free :cheers:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
My service manual doesn't actually have the stamp from the original dealer so I phoned up the one who did the first service (the handwriting looked similar..) and after some messing about and emailing copies of manuals, V5 documentation and radio serial numbers they managed to retrive the code for me. Still a little wary about trying it in case it's wrong.

It turned out that they were not the original seller of the vehicle but still managed to locate the code for me and are going to post me a copy of the info they located which is nice after initially being quite unhelpful. So obviously my local dealer is lying when they say the only way to retrieve it is by connecting it to their diagnostic equipment...:censored:

arjnoro

Ok here it goes folks again, I'm helping because I was very frustrated with mine for a month. I got the following info from my dealer in Mexico via telephone. NO CHARGE. He informed me that the code might be under the ashtray. Pull out the ashtray and there might be a sticker under the ashtray with the code. It may be on the side of the radio unit or in the glove compartment. My code is 0777. Anyway turn your stereo on (car off) then wait for an hour!! no key inside ignition either! come back your display should have changed from SAFE to 1000. Then input the code first and then press the SCAN button and that's it!!! good luck, did mine yesterday!!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.