stealth sub box

secret.squirrel

Dec 1, 2010
Middle Earth (Wiltshire)
Im guessing another route to go down would be to remove the spare wheel entirely, and pick up one of the wheel seal type kits to use in case of puncture. That would then leave the full spare wheel recess, which could be developed for a stealth enclosure underneath the original boot carpet. My missus MX-5 has one of the kits which is standard on the MX-5, has a small compressor powered by the cigarette lighter to reinflate the wheel when the sealant has been applied. Will be looking at doing this myself in the near future... Will keep posted on how it goes o_O

Squirrel.

ibizatom

Warrrrp tish
Mar 13, 2010
Kent
I'm going to be building a full wheel well install in the next few months. Sub, amp plus other kit all in the wheel well. Trying to keep everything sneaky, plus still have the use of a boot.

Should be an interesting little project. :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
I'm going to be building a full wheel well install in the next few months. Sub, amp plus other kit all in the wheel well. Trying to keep everything sneaky, plus still have the use of a boot.

Should be an interesting little project. :)

i'm wanting to do something along those lines aswell...12" sub and 3 amps in the boot is no fun trying to squeeze in tools, boots, overalls etc in 5 days a week!

ibizatom

Warrrrp tish
Mar 13, 2010
Kent
i'm wanting to do something along those lines aswell...12" sub and 3 amps in the boot is no fun trying to squeeze in tools, boots, overalls etc in 5 days a week!

Depends in the size of the amps, everything could all fit if you can get a cab around 26 litres max for the sub sealed.

I plan to test it out with fiberglass and plywood before looking at selling ready make enclosures which can just be put straight in.

Will be setting up a little audio install thing in the new year so always willing to help people out. :)

ibizatom

Warrrrp tish
Mar 13, 2010
Kent
nice one mate, i'll keep an eye out for it, got a truck load of sound deadening material from my bro for xmas so i guess that's a start :)

Sound deadening will help quite a bit.

What I did in the end was the rear 1/4's, whole boot and wheel well area, under the rear seats. Just the main areas where panel flex could occur. Will be doing the boot lid soon also!

I will be doing the front doors at a later date when I get new tints done.

Joe's MK4

Dec 2, 2010
Coventry
on my readers ride is how ive set up my amp and sub :) sub on one side and amp on the other. leaves me quite a lot of space to get the spare out of the trap door in the middle :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members