Steering angle sensor reset

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Recently had a Hunter four wheel alignment check and adjustment done. All good, but they advised that the ‘Steering Angle Sensor’ should be reset, and it’s not something they’re able to do and would need to be sorted by a main dealer or other VAG Centre.

Has anyone heard of this before?

I’ve no reason to doubt where I got the alignment done, they’re good people, and said they’ll re-check for free once the sensor has been reset.

Car’s going to the main dealer on Thursday for a software update, or not, depending on which way the wind is blowing that day. Thinking of asking them to sort it while they have it, but wouldn’t be surprised if I’m either met with blank stares, they can’t do it there at all, or I’ll need to book it in for another day.

TIA

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Had this sorted last week while my car was in for the 1940 update. They cleared the sensor for me while they were sorting the update.

Took it back to TyreShack and just a tiny tweak was needed post-reset. They sorted it for free, car is perfect now.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Had this sorted last week while my car was in for the 1940 update. They cleared the sensor for me while they were sorting the update.

Took it back to TyreShack and just a tiny tweak was needed post-reset. They sorted it for free, car is perfect now.
Did you have the adas system reset after your wheel alignment?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.