steering wheel.. anyone changed it?

Tin

just wondering if anyone has changed their cupra steering wheel? the audi s3 steering wheel is abit smaller and chunky, has a much nicer feel to it imo..

anyone know if its a direct fit? any intructions on taking off the old wheel? ran a search, nothing found.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I've changed the steering wheel in my Leon from the FR to the LCR with the red stitching if that's any help?

Disconnect the battery (disables the airbag)
There are 2 holes in the back of the steering wheel. Use a long screwdriver to pop the centre section of the steering wheel off.
Un-plug the horn & airbag.
Can't remember the socket size, but undo the boss nut & remove steering wheel from splined shaft.
Make sure wheels are pointing straight.
Line up new steering wheel so it's centred and fit on splined shaft.
Replace boss nut & do up nice & tight.
Plug in horn & airbag.
Position the centre section and push on firmly (give it a good clout!)
Re-connect battery & sort out radio code, clock & re-set leccy windows (if you have to on a beeza)

Not sure if that helps at all???

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
a friend tried to change it with a r32 steering wheel but it didn't fit. The r32 wheel did however
fit in a Leon.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Followign on...did you ever do it? Noticed my steering wheel is getting a bit shabby, thinking of changing it. Any ideas on what to replace it with, or whether to go standard? In which case, any idea on price?

Mike

flashbsd

i quite like the styling of my steering wheel, nice to hold and just the right size.

But they again, am getting a bit of an old fart who doesnt like modding :p

David Cupra

I've changed the steering wheel in my Leon from the FR to the LCR with the red stitching if that's any help?

Disconnect the battery (disables the airbag)
There are 2 holes in the back of the steering wheel. Use a long screwdriver to pop the centre section of the steering wheel off.
Un-plug the horn & airbag.
Can't remember the socket size, but undo the boss nut & remove steering wheel from splined shaft.
Make sure wheels are pointing straight.
Line up new steering wheel so it's centred and fit on splined shaft.
Replace boss nut & do up nice & tight.
Plug in horn & airbag.
Position the centre section and push on firmly (give it a good clout!)
Re-connect battery & sort out radio code, clock & re-set leccy windows (if you have to on a beeza)

Not sure if that helps at all???
jst seen ur instructions on how to take off steerin wheel. Is that for a MK1 leon????

David Cupra

Cheers mate. Hopefully it is the horn its self that aint workin and not the steering wheel centre.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.