stereo stuck in safe mode ?

melverooni

hi . battery went flat on car . my son enterd 3 wrong codes now its stuck in safe mode. i have the right code for it . just cant get it of safe mode..?

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
If you search,you will find the answer. You need to switch your radio on, leave it for an hour,Lock your car,then go back to it. Then i think it goes to 1000 or something like that,then can put your code in.

There's a few threads on this

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
By the word SAFE you should have a number.

This indicates how many times the wrong code has been entered.

Starts off with a 10 minute wait to clear then doubles each time. Once it gets to 10 its locked permanently.

beechey

Feb 6, 2010
coventry
after leavin it on for a hour a small number 2 is there plus it says 1000 ready to enter the code,
as i still dont it

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I've got this. My mate entered the wrong code, even tho I sent him out there with the pass... idiot.

I've tried the turn off ignition, take key out, turn on radio, lock car and walk away method 3 times.

Each time I go back to the car the radio is off, but when it comes on still says SAFE (no numbers).

Am I doing something wrong here?

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
But it turns on, speakers pop, just says SAFE all the damn time. I read elsewhere you have to go back after like 55 minutes, and wait a few minutes till the display shows the code entry? Not convinced but worth a go perhaps...

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The fuse on the rear is for permanent i think, if that as gone the radio will not stay on it will only be on with ignition live.

Guess it was all working fine?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.