Still having Coolent temp errors

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer
Still having Coolent temp errors (with logs)

Basically I am still getting the following error code:

Then after 15-20 min of running the car I get this code:

Then the turbo stops working and the I get limp mode with the engine diag light on.

As previously advised I have replaced the sensor, but I am still getting errors.

I have logged a lot of block and got some readings but I can't trust them since they may be caused by other problems. For example my MAF flow rates are low, but are they low due to the system lean? I also logged the lambda but i have no idea what the values mean, will host the log files soon.

PS I have had it to the dealer who charged me 49 quid to say they can't do anything with dynatwist on it. :ban:

EDIT: Logs up here: http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/pipexdsl/s/asah77/log/

Last edited:

ian_jobson

Dec 11, 2005
Medway towns, Kent
nice of them!

im having errors with the coolent too i got a new one to put on and a new maf tomorrow night, if u can tell me how to get old coolent sensor out i might be able to do it and tell you what happens :lol:

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer
ian_jobson said:
nice of them!

im having errors with the coolent too i got a new one to put on and a new maf tomorrow night, if u can tell me how to get old coolent sensor out i might be able to do it and tell you what happens :lol:

No problem, firstly the temp sensor is easy to find. Look at your water header tank, there will be a small pipe toward the top above the water level, follow it down to where it joins a pipe that is about an inch thick. The sensor should be close to here.

Now the sensor is held in by a split pin style clip so just pull the small clip to the side and the whole thing will pop out, once its out it should be easy enough to remove the electrical connector. I would advise you to slacken the header cap to release the pressure and wait till the water is pretty cool since you'll lose about half a gallon of fluid when the sensor comes out (and if your lucky like me get soaked and burnt at the same time).

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
I was getting a coolant temp sensor intermittant fault when i logged "instruments" (think its controller 17. Is this the same fault you're getting?? I've ordered a new temp sensor which I'll be picking up tomorrow, noticed I have a black sensor and apprently the new revised one is green.

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
System lean is because you have a shafted maf.
I had the same system lean fault but no 'MAF singal low code'.
New MAF, since sorted. Previous max 90g/s now around 145g/s

Jonzy

Looking at the boost levels the car is remapped yea? If so then you need to change your maf quickly, its fooked.

Id say the coolant sensor is the least of your problems.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.