Still like to read the forum

Black Phantom

Hi all you Freetrack owners and kind regards to Rocky Freetrack,thx for helpin me out:)
I ended up selling mine due to financial issues due to the recession and i just could'nt get my head round the depreciation thing with these...all the dpf problems and whatnot just tipped me to sell it.Went over to the dark side and bought a BMW:redface: but made sure it was a n/a petrol engine so i got a facelift 318 se.Yeh i miss the freetrack though,all that torque mainly and the haldex system but i reckon i did the right thing overall.

cheers

Black Phantom

Lol cheers Simon,is there any other subject you are a leading authority on? lol
By the way "forum gate keeper",when you get your head out of your rear end you'll realise that there's a big world out there;)
Thanks for the input:D

Dubster

Could luck with beemer, the petrol n/a engine is unlikely to cause you any problems, just be glad that you haven't got a TD beemer, some real nightmares coming out of the woodwork with those!

Black Phantom

Ta Dubster
Was lookin at getting a 330d but like you said the turbos and swirl flaps plus a plastic inlet manifold has proved to be disasterous for anything upto the latest model so i went for the 2.0 L N/A,they have the valvetronic engine too so no throttle cable etc,its very responsive..Thinkin of a 2.5 straight six but not sure about the economy side.
I was one of them that hated beemer drivers but Audi seems to have the crown at the moment according to Clarkson anyway.I stumbled upon one an old boy had and it was excellent and goin for trade in price so i bought it.Every focus down ere was at forecourt prices even though they were private sales...this is my first ever beemer,it was built in Munich so i like the build quality,goin back to rear wheel drive feels nice,more natural even.The last rear drive car i had was a Vauxhall Chevette ffs:blink:
In an ideal world i've had got a Mk 2 GTI,i've had three 8v's and one 16 valver and a MK 1 straight golf,love em but havin no airbags its just a safety issue,if i had the space i'd have another tomorrow as a toy but can only park one car.
:)