Stolen Cupra

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Yeh

Did think that, that's why I PM'd a couple of people. Nothing in the messages I wouldn't have posted in the open but you never know

Yeah completly agree, some things are better said in PM rather than open thread where they could potentially see like you say

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Police will do fck all like they always do.

My uncle a few years ago went to a garage in Stoke-On-Trent to pick up a part for a Mondeo, while he was there one of the guys opened a lock up door by accident and there was 10+ new cars inside being broken, uncle left quickly with the part and called the police to inform them what he has seen.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Police will do fck all like they always do.

My uncle a few years ago went to a garage in Stoke-On-Trent to pick up a part for a Mondeo, while he was there one of the guys opened a lock up door by accident and there was 10+ new cars inside being broken, uncle left quickly with the part and called the police to inform them what he has seen.
I am under no illusions that they will do anything. They don't even bother looking on the ANPR cameras to see where it left the district unless you ask. I am going to do and then make enquiries with that force. The guy from CID didn't even ask if the car had any distinctive features, not even a photo, he was more interested in the Omega watch they took. Yes it was expensive but no where near the 30k car they took off in

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Bastards! I've only gone an off the shelf Seamaster 300 in blue, 36mm Datejust Rolex that I inherited from my late dad last year and my 30th present to myself, Tudor Blackbay GMT.

Thinks SCN needs a watch thread haha.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Bastards! I've only gone an off the shelf Seamaster 300 in blue, 36mm Datejust Rolex that I inherited from my late dad last year and my 30th present to myself, Tudor Blackbay GMT.

Thinks SCN needs a watch thread haha.
Haha, he's got an original Seamaster too. I like the Tudor ones

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
What Im currently doing is using a cheap Android phone, with a cheap data SIM in it and a large battery pack as a GPS device. Using Googles find my phone service you can track it as long as it has a signal.

I just put it in a ziplock bag then stuff the thing in a hard to reach area like behind a rear light cluster. The battery lasts for days if its got a big powerpack. I will certainly be doing it for my Cupra when it arrives. Ive tested it on my current Astra and my previous MG ZT and it works well.

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
What Im currently doing is using a cheap Android phone, with a cheap data SIM in it and a large battery pack as a GPS device. Using Googles find my phone service you can track it as long as it has a signal.

I just put it in a ziplock bag then stuff the thing in a hard to reach area like behind a rear light cluster. The battery lasts for days if its got a big powerpack. I will certainly be doing it for my Cupra when it arrives. Ive tested it on my current Astra and my previous MG ZT and it works well.
I actually thought about that the other day, obviously after the event unfortunately. Wish I'd have thought about it before

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Obviously it doesn't stop someone taking it, but it might help out the next guy, if it helps catch the thieves. Not sure what my strategy will be right now to stop them taking it in the first place, some sort of physical lock maybe.

Reactions: Keri Stacey

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
It'll
Obviously it doesn't stop someone taking it, but it might help out the next guy, if it helps catch the thieves. Not sure what my strategy will be right now to stop them taking it in the first place, some sort of physical lock maybe.
It'll give you a good idea as to where it is. Our Audi Q7 has just gone back as the lease has run out. With Audi Connect you get a sim built into the car and I've no idea where it is, tried looking. If you set it up correctly you can track the car, my husband forgot to factory reset the system when it went back and I can currently see it sat south of Leicester in a compound

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Anyone tried a disklok on a DSG cupra? It does say they may not fit because of the paddles.

EDIT: Golf drivers seem to say it fits, so i dont see why it shouldnt fit the Cupra.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.