Stoneacre - Doncaster

cupra_mul

May 19, 2004
near sheffeild
/rant on

Utter Bobbins..
Took the car in for a 60k service.. dropped it off the night before and picked up a loan car... I advised the lass on reception that i usually finish work around 330, she replied that isnt a problem sir, it wil be completed first thing in the morning..

Cool i thought.. nice friendly service and a nice lass to talk to.

So.. on return the next day, (getting out of work early to get my car back)
I found out the car hadnt even been started!!! [:@]

Not good.,. so i had to wait around for ages while they pulled the finger out of the :censored: arises and got my car serviced

Finally returning the car to me at the front.. i opened the door to find a nice amount of water down the B pillar over the seat and inside sensor switch. Looked around the rest of the car.. in the engine.. and what did i fine.. oil over around the oil cap.. ( they missed and didnt clean up) and the header tank over full.. So back in side to complain.. i kicked off. And they gave me a cloth to dry the water up and someone came out to take some water out the header tank and clean the oil up..

great i thought i can go.. my mate who was with me at the time.. made a joke about .. bet they didnt even fill the service book in.. well that did it for me.. i had to check.. and low and behold.. they hadnt!!! well and trully [:@] :censored::censored::censored::censored: (not happy)

So back inside and compained... finally the book was filled in.. and off i set to go back home..

Half way down the m1.. bang bang bang,. "OO :censored:" whats that.. so pulled over.. at this point is chucking it down.. and i dont mean just cats and dogs i mean the kennels and food bowls as well.. i climed out the car. lorries flying past spraying water up.. my jack point covers had come off!!

Why on earth would the garage want to pull them off!!! stupid :censored:

i attemped to phone the manager that night on way back.. but .."sorry sir hes just this minute left" utter bobbins

DO NOT GO THEIR FOR ANY WORK ON ANY CAR

Thank you

/rant off

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Had a nasty experience with them also last year. I enquired about a Leon I was interested in, checked it was still for sale which it was and explained that I was driving from Warrington to their showroom so make sure the vehicle is kept for me to test drive. 2 hours later I turn up and there is a sign saying SOLD on the car.

I thought it maybe due to them reserving it for me, but no, the salesperson said that someone had a put a deposit on it last night and had just test drove it prior to my arrival and bought it.

Why wasn't I warned about this before I wasted all my petrol and time? Why didn't they suggest putting a deposit on it before I travelled all that way?

20VT Andy

blimey, i pick up my new car from them on Saturday. Guess i need to check it over before i drive it away........

T. Spark

Mul - Agreed poor service indeed.

I took my car in for warrenty work, and they refused to touch my car due to me having and I honestly quote "You have some sort of metal bar at the front of the car underneath"

Now thats scary as its also know as a Front Anti-Roll Bar (which is a standard part!?) even more scary it was the after sales manager I was talking to.

Tiger1971

Headlights

Bought my 55 plated Leon FR from them about 2.5 years ago - car previously used by their Sales Director as a company Car.

Took the car for MOT this year and was told it was fitted with left hand drive headlights!!!!

So I had to drive to Doncaster to get them to fit new right hand drive headlights.

How did this get missed either at the factory inspection or PDI to their Sales Director.

Put it right asap to be fair to them but not happy at this mistake.

20VT Andy

Bought my car there a few weeks back, the service seemed ok, a few hickups but nothing too bad. Saying that i will be taking it to Ted Johnson in Barnsley for any service work!

Cheers
Andy

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Bought my 55 plated Leon FR from them about 2.5 years ago - car previously used by their Sales Director as a company Car.

Took the car for MOT this year and was told it was fitted with left hand drive headlights!!!!

So I had to drive to Doncaster to get them to fit new right hand drive headlights.

How did this get missed either at the factory inspection or PDI to their Sales Director.

Put it right asap to be fair to them but not happy at this mistake.

Funnily enough, part of my cars service history went through this place and on my first MOT the headlights were left hand drive ones.

Owl

cheesy quaver
Aug 21, 2008
sheffield
oh this thread makes me giggle... i thought i was the only one.... like t spark they REFUSED to do warranty work because and i quote ' too much hard work for them' the matter in hand was a split in the rubber around the o/s/r window (three door), they said, does it let water in? i went no, he said ahh it'll be right then wont it...... i said no mate it wont, the car is less than a month old and i want it sorting.... anyway i ended up tellin him what i do and that its ridiculous and ilegal iirc to turn away warranty work for your franchise.... so i said you gona sort it then? he said its too much work etc etc so went on my way! lol got it sorted at chesterfield...

i was going to write to seat and say how much of a shambles donny are, didnt think it would make a difference tbh but seeing as other ppl have had problems maybe if i did write a letter it wouldn't be the only letter of complaint?

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
i've had a bad experience with Stoneacre in Peterborough today - and it isn't the first time. Don't think i'll be bothering them again, and probably not buying another Seat because of it. Hey ho.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
I've used parts dept twice, once everything happened as it should, 2nd time, stuff arrived about a week after they said it would, and then i had to go in there to ask about it - to be told that my part had arrived the previous day. So a 50% success rate - which is at least better than the service sept i guess!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise