Strange Judder

Ferrit

Hi Ive got a 2002 Seat Ibiza TDI Sport and Im experiencing some problems with it. I wonder if anyone can help.

Sitting at idle my car will slightly judder. When I push down my clutch or slightly touch the accelerator the judder will disappear. It seems to be intermittent too, not occurring every single time I come to a stop. I’ve tried flooring the accelerator when in 4th gear at 2000rpm but get no noticeable judder. Also there seems to be no clutch slip in any of the gears.
I know it sounds like a flywheel/clutch problem but could it be a timing, fuelling or engine mount problem? I’m trying to avoid buying a new clutch/flywheel as I know if I do buy one it will have to be a upgraded one, as the temptation to mod is just too great.

I also notice when I accelerate the revs will carry on ever so slightly before dropping down again. I dont know if this is related to the above problem.
Thanks in advance.

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Yeh mine did it to, even to the extent where it could vibrate a box of beer till they all chink together lol! Seems to have gone though with the remap.......:whistle: so theres your answer :p

Ferrit

The judder does appear nearly every other time I stop which is annoying. Surely Seat must know about this problem. But thanks very much for putting my mind at rest.

Ive got a holiday to USA planned for next month. Will wait to see how the money situation is before getting a remap as I would want to get the clutch and flywheel upgraded at the same time. Might as well do it right. Phoned up Jabba for a price on a Sachs clutch and sachs DMF just to see. Was quoted £350 for the dmf, £495 for the Clutch kit and £40 for the release bearing. Seems a good price but is there any places cheaper than Jabba?

Have to say the guy from Jabba was very helpful. He tried to help me diagnose my problem over the phone, which lets be honest is pretty much an impossible task.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
wont getting the car too jabba be a pain?? im not aware of any tuning companies on the west midlands ireland area :(

Ferrit

I can just buy the bits off them and get it installed locally.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.