STRUTBRACER.CO.UK Warning...

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Moff, did you get a VAT receipt with your invoice / delivery note? All invoices from VAT registered companies will have their VAT registration Number on it.

No number, no registration! The businesses aren't registered as businesses, so they could be trading illegaly... a possibility considering the number of other trade names and the lack of contact information!

Also, you could try to obtain a phone number via the contact details link in the ebay dispute section.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Can we keep some perspective on this thread. Don't mind people giving comment on a company, and criticism of bad service and warning others to steer clear. But I can see this thread already turning into a witch hunt, and that I am sorry to say breaks our rules.

So just wind it in a bit people, otherwise i'll be forced to close it (not bin it) but close it.

Thank You

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I got a red OMP front brace off these guys once - sent it straight back as it was badly finished, chunks missing off the red finish etc.., however the other one I got which was black and silver was fine, it's been fitted in my boot ever since.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
yeah sorry Z not meant to go off on one or anything... love ya

As for the rest i didnt recieve a reciept it was an email invoice which is now in the bin of the email somewhere so sorry there.

Got my 9.99 back after i opened a dispute with paypal over it and they really went at me saying we know who you are and the person running that forum, which funnily enough mork doesnt know them and he's been pissed about by them to which was funny..

i know its a modern world and you cant go on a whitch hunt which is fair enough but my god i wish i could sometimes lol

i just want others to know that if you go there you have a chance of either a good bar or a bad one and good or bad service not an in between at all, so be warned guys, and fester you be warned to when i see ya im going to show you the bad side of my ankle midget man haha

Thanx to everyone for this and seeing my point of view (bar a few) and never thought so many people would put their monies worth in.

Also i did send them a link of this and they never seemed bothered so really is their lose only takes one person like me to be messed about and i will let fellow car tuners know!!

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
fester you be warned to when i see ya im going to show you the bad side of my ankle midget man haha

Hehehe i don't think you could stoop low enough :roflmao:

I was hoping to pop down and see you guys at BBT but as Matt kindly informed me it's on a weekday so I can't make it .... will be down to a meet soon enough as it really isn't that far away, especially given the good company :)

Cupraloon

Re: Strutbracer

Oh deary me...... :(

This doen't fill me with much hope now, i bought a brace from these people on the 30 June as a buy it now, and paid for 24 hour delivery, guess what..... it wasn't in stock, and has to come from Italy.

Had an email couple of days ago saying it would be in UK on 18th July, and would be posted out same day, so far so good then... :confused:

So far they've been pretty communicative, so i'm reserving judgement at present but i must admit looking at their feedback does give interesting reading, on how they handle their customers.

We shall see, what transpires by the end of this week then....:whistle:

And if it fails to turn up..... I'll be kicking some butt :argue:

Well inspite of my initial fears after reading this thread, having bought this on 30 June and it wasn't in stock, had to be ordered from OMP in Italy, arrived in UK on 18th, arriverd at my door as promissed 2 days later..

Well my rear (integra) brace turned up this morning, as promissed by Strutbracer, they keep me informed alone the way, and were very polite, so full marks.....:happy:

Tbh, I suppose suppliers cannot be expected to hold every item they advertise in stock, you would'nt expect even somebody as large as Demon Tweeks to hold every item in their catalogue in stock so smaller concerns are on a hideing to nothing....

Any way it's hear now, is very nice in brushed alloy, all I got to do now is fit it :D if it ever stop raining.....

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
wicked mork have changed my sig to just to warn people its amazing what word of mouth can do and prove cant believe it they've really shot themselves in the foot...

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Moff, did you get a VAT receipt with your invoice / delivery note? All invoices from VAT registered companies will have their VAT registration Number on it.

No number, no registration! The businesses aren't registered as businesses, so they could be trading illegaly... a possibility considering the number of other trade names and the lack of contact information!

Can I just say, while I appreciate the jist if this thread is that the company offers rubbish service, making statements like this are just inflammatory do not help anyone.

My company is not VAT registered, therefore I do not have a VAT registration number. However, it does not mean that I trade illegally, all my takings go through the books and I will pay tax on them at the end of the year. Until turnover reaches £64k, you don't have to register for VAT, and there are advantages and disadvantages both ways.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
No, I appreciate that, but to start throwing things like that in the air is out of order. Its one thing to say qite fairly that based on experience they are a bunch of monkies when it comes to service/quality, its quite another to start saying they are trading illegally.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.