stud conversion

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
Has anyone done one? I hate wheel bolts myself, find studs loads better. If you have done the conversion, what studs did you use? 20mm bigger ones needed for the rear too with spacers im guessing ;)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
There was a discussion about this not so long ago, based on a few Ebay sellers and some standalone webshops. I'm pretty sure that at least one could do longer studs with no issues.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Yep, speak to Bill at Badger 5, he has all the stuff available. You just need to let him know what wheels you are running so he sends you the right bolts - radiused or coned.

I've run my Ibiza on studs for over 5 years to make the wheels swap on track days easier. Need to move them over to the new Cordy.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
No trouble at all and speeds up the wheel changes at track days. Over time the threads do wear down on them - but given I probably change my wheels 15 - 20 times in a year that is to be expected.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
my badgerwagen runs these studs.. no issues.
I replace them from time to time, a seasons racing and I may retire them as my wheels are on and off a hell of a lot during a year

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members