Stunning SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra is ready for the road

SEAT UK PR

Apparently according to my Local SEAT dealer, there is not going to be a Bocenegra!!!! :(

But there is 'In the Pipeline' a Aero styling kit that may be available later in the year! Or early next year!

SO my thoughts are that it will be an option limited to the CUPRA and FR or just the Cupra

ALso they have withheld releasing any further info on the CUPRA as they have managed to Obtain 210BHP out of the CUPRA engine!!! And have not decided which to use!

They are also supposed to have a 'Tuning' package for around £500 that will take it to 240 BHP for the CUpra and for the FR (Didn;t say to what)

Diesel Cupra release OCT 09! with a price roughly around £15,500

\so not sure about the Bocanegra and may be just a styling kit instead

I really hope not but the Dealer was adament!!!

Please note that all this was told to me by a dealer so it may not be 100% accurate

I'm not sure where to begin on this one...! Seriously though, I think there's a case of 'Lost in Translation' here. I'll keep it short:

1. There is going to be an Ibiza Bocanegra. It arrives in the UK around October
2. Not aware of any 'Aero Styling Kit' a this stage
3. Bocanegra will be based purely on the Cupra, which means it will get the 180 PS 1.4-litre TSI. The FR will be a standalone model with a 150 PS version of the same engine
4. So... our hot Ibiza range will comprise FR petrol, Cupra petrol and Bocanegra petrol
5. There is no 210 PS version of this engine destined for the Ibiza. Maybe your info source was confused with the new 211 PS Leon FR? The 240 PS you quote adds weight to this suspicion, as that of course is the output of the Leon Cupra
6. There is no tuning package planned
7. There will be no diesel-engined Ibiza Cupra. But there is a plan for an Ibiza FR diesel, due next year

This isn't meant to be negative - just helpful!

Glad there's so much interest in the Bocanegra - can't wait to get the car out to the press (international press launch is in early July, so look out for articles soon after).

Cheers
Mike

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm not sure where to begin on this one...! Seriously though, I think there's a case of 'Lost in Translation' here. I'll keep it short:

6. There is no tuning package planned

Glad there's so much interest in the Bocanegra - can't wait to get the car out to the press (international press launch is in early July, so look out for articles soon after).

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike

With so many other manufacturers (Vauxhall / Ford / Saab / BMW etc...) offering tuning packs, when are SEAT/VAG going to 'wake up' to this opportunity and start tapping this lucrative market? Buyers would love it as it would enable retention of warranty, and manufacturers would benefit from increased revenue streams. Many thanks in advance.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
No spoiler, shitty wheels and that ugly rear diffuser.. Doesn't do it for me :(

Seat have failed amazingly with the new Ibiza. Facelift models should be aiite though.

Looks too much like a Corsa all the same though, init, dik.

SEAT UK PR

Hi Mike

With so many other manufacturers (Vauxhall / Ford / Saab / BMW etc...) offering tuning packs, when are SEAT/VAG going to 'wake up' to this opportunity and start tapping this lucrative market? Buyers would love it as it would enable retention of warranty, and manufacturers would benefit from increased revenue streams. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Warren,

It's something we are always looking into - and have been recently - but the Group-wide warranty situation is certainly an obstacle. But rest assured that it's not something we are oblivious to - we know the demand is out there, especially from a lot of the guys using SCN.

Watch this space!

M

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Do it. I was looking here the other day and if you did a similar affiliation for the Leon etc. I'm sure you make a tidy sum.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hi Warren,

It's something we are always looking into - and have been recently - but the Group-wide warranty situation is certainly an obstacle. But rest assured that it's not something we are oblivious to - we know the demand is out there, especially from a lot of the guys using SCN.

Watch this space!

M

I'm always surprised that the core SEAT hot hatch market (the UK) has to go without when we have seen Greece get a Revo'd car a couple of years back, and then in other European countries there have seen hot Leon Mk2 Cupra's launched.

The only thing that worries me is how the dealer group would cope - Audi can't even diagnose a faulty spark plug with Audi Master Technicians, so I guess there would be a steep learning curve for dealers if modifications and upgrades services weren't handled / tendered out to a preferred UK based tuning supplier.

Thanks for the feedback.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'm always surprised that the core SEAT hot hatch market (the UK) has to go without when we have seen Greece get a Revo'd car a couple of years back, and then in other European countries there have seen hot Leon Mk2 Cupra's launched.

The only thing that worries me is how the dealer group would cope - Audi can't even diagnose a faulty spark plug with Audi Master Technicians, so I guess there would be a steep learning curve for dealers if modifications and upgrades services weren't handled / tendered out to a preferred UK based tuning supplier.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's worth noting in the Greek market it's the official importer that supply REVO not SEAT themselves. They are all warranted by the importer.

As Mike says the group wide policy is not to support modifications or tuning upgrades at this time.

SEAT UK as the official importer could possibly decide to go it alone and support sanctioned tuning packs like other importers have done.

But it's a costly exercise and could be a somewhat risky policy for the company too. I can fully understand them taking some thought and time over such a move.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i did see that grants in essex where selling an Orange 09 Leon K1 with "revo engine upgrade package with revo 300 badges and decals" and "milltek performance exhaust system" and full leather K1 branded seats. Does this mean that maybe some dealers are doing it themselves or are SEAT starting to back certain mods??

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Good find, I like the copper colour, reminds me of my old 16vGTI in Copper. :)

i think that's why i like it so much

mind you the orignal 70's one isn't half bad either

normal_IMG_3396.jpg

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
as i said before its a beautiful car love it, but i've seen the price lists for it i thought i was going to drop ma lunch,

£16995 for the basic car, £1200 for the upgraded brakes and £395 for that stunning red colour, bolt on a few bare essential like bluetooth, park sensors, your looking at nearly £20k, :-o

i just hope it drives as well as it looks, im going 2 have to test drive that or the cupra version before i spend that kinda money on it

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise