Suggest me an Air Intake - LCR225

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Having spending the last few days reviewing air intakes i'm completely non the wiser on which one to go for.

From what I've read a stage 1 LCR is best on a uprated panel filter using OEM airbox?

However, there will be no negatives from getting rid of the stock airbox for a induction kit running stage 1?

If so, for those out there having tried/tested different air intake options what have you found best for filtration/performance/noise.

I was looking at the Neuspeed P-Flow.......pricey but worth it?

Last edited:

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Having spending the last few days reviewing air intakes i'm completely non the wiser on which one to go for.

From what I've read a stage 1 LCR is best on a uprated panel filter using OEM airbox?

However, there will be no negatives from getting rid of the stock airbox for a induction kit running stage 1?

If so, for those out there having tried/tested different air intake options what have you found best for filtration/performance/noise.

I was looking at the Neuspeed P-Flow.......pricey but worth it?

I remember that some were seeing good gains by smoothing the OEM airbox, putting an aftermarket panel filter in, then adding some flexi-ducting (90 or 100mm) to the inner wing or round to the front grille (with battery relocation brackets). It's a cheaper but more time consuming approach that is supposed to deliver results.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I've tried a few, from standard to drilled airbox and green panel filter to open cone. The cone has higher MAF readings than the box, even with an air feed. So I'm sticking to an open cone, and currently have a Jetex with jabba heatsheild which does the job nicely, and sounds good too!

brad1

On a standard map, i had the drilled and smoothed airbox, then i added a green cotton dynatwist instead and saw 2.7g's more on vagcom with logs :)

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
What neck size will I need?

80mm diameter to join onto the MAF housing for LCR off top of my head

edit: also running jetex with no problems at all! rather spend 40 quid on that than over 100 on a full kit, doubt you would really notice much difference...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.