Superchargin my 1.4 The ibiza is EURO

tony100

Jan 10, 2006
It sound stupid and ur all probaly goin to laugh...:) but i have managed to locate a cheep bmw mini superchager naw ive been told its a eaton charger?? how would i go bout doin all the correct stuff to get it running nice?? this is the back end of my car as it stands

HPIM0318.jpg

Haha. Ok. You need alot of work!

Firstly brakes, suspension and your chassis should be looked at.

Then you need to bring the compression ratio down. You can just put another 2 head gaskets in i think.

YOu need to uprate your fueling. More air, needs more fuel. Im not too sure how you could do this.

You need to buy an intercooler and get that piped up into the front bumper.

You need to build a bracket to put the eaton m46(i think this is the one you have) on. It needs to be perfectly inline.

And ofcoarse you need a belt.

I would just buy a different car.

Mckellar

too much work in my opinion.

You need a few things doing in order to claim 'euro' status too lol

Mckellar

like remove tints/mirrors/exhaust/door handles/aerial/plastic :lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I would see it working.... it wouldn't make a massive power delivery from the car, but it could be interesting.

you would need to junk the engine management, and run aftermarket - and I'm not sure if you can easily change the injectors (but that's the least of your worries)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
not worth it imo, i have a 1.4 mk2 myself but hoping to go purchase a mk4 fr tdi this weekend from the local dealers

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Wasnt there a 1.4 turbo on here from greece??

Would be interesting, if you have the balls do it. I have a little plan involving a charger and a similar sized engine.

Oh and that word again.......Euro!!!

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
As everyone has said, its going to be a load of work and expense too I would imagine. Wouldn't mind seeing the results though. :)

tony100

Jan 10, 2006
:happy:Im not saving up to buy a cupra cause they are as common as saxo's at the moment!!! (sorry to people who own them ) and i dont like to follow sheep :happy: im doin this cause no one has done it as far as i know:p?

Who are the best people to talk to about this kinda stuff??

Hwo easy are the vr6's to put in??

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
:happy:Im not saving up to buy a cupra cause they are as common as saxo's at the moment!!! (sorry to people who own them ) and i dont like to follow sheep :happy: im doin this cause no one has done it as far as i know:p?

Who are the best people to talk to about this kinda stuff??

Hwo easy are the vr6's to put in??

As common as saxo's??????????

I rarely see any around.......... especially purple ones

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members