Superchargin my 1.4 The ibiza is EURO

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
But not in the bridgend area tole! Mine and Mat's old copper mk2. If you wanna say South Wales, I know of 6 or 7 kiwi one's between swansea to newport.

The VR6 I would personally say it's an heavy lump so would effect the handling (correct me if I'm wrong please :headhurt:), if you wanna be different get a 2.0 8v GTi lump and charge that.... there's kits available for it to be done!

tony100

Jan 10, 2006
But not in the bridgend area tole! Mine and Mat's old copper mk2. If you wanna say South Wales, I know of 6 or 7 kiwi one's between swansea to newport.

The VR6 I would personally say it's an heavy lump so would effect the handling (correct me if I'm wrong please :headhurt:), if you wanna be different get a 2.0 8v GTi lump and charge that.... there's kits available for it to be done!

Dave there is one that lives @ the bottom of sarn lol!! trust me theres a few more than 2 ive ceen them

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
what kits are available for charging a 2l 8v ? I'm pricing up the parts for doing it right now..there's a mk3 golf 8v being done on edition 38 aswel. I've seen a load of mk2 gti's in s wales...good car sense! ;)

Doing something 'just to be different' is ridiculous, when you consider the cost involved, and the fact your gains will be minimal.

If you want to be different, paint your car pink with orange polkadots. If you want more power, chuck an ABF or a 20vT in it.

And regarding the Cupra's and GTi's as 'more common than Saxo's' is a bit of an exaggeration.

What is, in fact, as common as Saxo's are people coming on forums and telling of some totally unfeasable plan to extract masses of power from their existing small capacity engine. Clueless.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Big-ish power can be gained from a small capacity engine, the Mini Cooper S, Polo G40 and Starlet Turbo are all proof of this. However these cars are made by companies that pour millions into research and development so that they run well and reliably.

Things about the supercharging the 1.4 that put me off are that it was never made with the idea of running large power, its a very low revving engine which doesnt really lend well to performance driving and the gear box is weak, so shoving more power through it is only going to speed up its demise.

If you have got a lot of money to throw at this ie £5,000 then you'll probably make something 'special' i just dont think its worth it.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
VR6 is only 25kg's heavier than a 20vT ;)

yeh but as they say ...it aint over till the fat lady sings ....although shes fat the VR6 has such a nice voice to it. been driving one for a couple of days on coilies and RS8 rims and oow wee ..so sexy.

sorry off topic, yeh the 1.4 8v is pretty nippy around town, u might wanna stick to that for now and save up for another car mate, doing something different is always good but power gains dont seem worth it for the respect ur gna get and money ur gna waste.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.