suspension rattle

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Not sure what to search for. When ever i drive over ruff surface eg un even tarmac, the passnger side suspension seems rattle. The wheels seems to be firm with no play? any suggestions. The car is on coilover think ap brand.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Have a double check on your wheels aswell. My cars been feeling a bit 'heavy' and been pointing towards top mounts which may still be true, but had tyres fitted today and found out one of my front alloys is buckled!! Feels crap but still firm.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Have a double check on your wheels aswell. My cars been feeling a bit 'heavy' and been pointing towards top mounts which may still be true, but had tyres fitted today and found out one of my front alloys is buckled!! Feels crap but still firm.

If the alloy was buckled wouldnt it be vibrating also on even surfaces inc rough surfaces :confused:

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
My bell housing on the top of my fk's worked lose and gave me a bad rattle. Just got it up wheel off and tightend it up not sure on other manufacturers though.Just an idea

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just to add, what top mounts do vmaxx coilover have, will standard ones fit? thinkin of replacing the worn ones.
When removing the top mounts, do i need to compress the springs or can i just screw the bolts right off for the mounts and will my setting get alterted?

Last edited:

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
im having the same problem mate, makes a horrible vibrating.rattle noise. I especially feel mine when my feet are flat on the floor pan.

im going to order some top mounts now

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Guna pick a set of top mounts from gsf and fit it over the weekend followed by the new strut brace.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members