SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
What's the CarPlay problem?

One day not possible to connect bluetooth, some other day it fails over and over again to connect over CarPlay. The dealer tells me to change phone - without knowing what phone I have (iPhone6s). If I play Spotify over CarPlay and then go to some other menu the sound sometimes cracks up periodically, like 5 seconds apart. SW bugs, nothing strange about that, and I would be fine with it if my dealer could just upgrade it to the newest version, but they say that Seat in my country claims there is no newer version, although I present them with the info from that ebay ad. [:@]

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
One day not possible to connect bluetooth, some other day it fails over and over again to connect over CarPlay. The dealer tells me to change phone - without knowing what phone I have (iPhone6s). If I play Spotify over CarPlay and then go to some other menu the sound sometimes cracks up periodically, like 5 seconds apart. SW bugs, nothing strange about that, and I would be fine with it if my dealer could just upgrade it to the newest version, but they say that Seat in my country claims there is no newer version, although I present them with the info from that ebay ad. [:@]
What is your version? I provide official updates

Last edited:

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hey mate, maybe you could help me as well.. your updates haven't worked on my unit. :blink:
;) bro as you know your new unit is different device. Not something that you can find in markets. I am also waiting for it's update. X units have totally different firmwares. I Will find solution after ATPL exams. Do not worry :)

rui.vicente.12

Apr 19, 2015
;) bro as you know your new unit is different device. Not something that you can find in markets. I am also waiting for it's update. X units have totally different firmwares. I Will find solution after ATPL exams. Do not worry :)

standing by :) good luck for your exams!!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Has anyone tried the updates from member 'ysfdncr' particularly on the Sat Nav High with the HDD and how good were they?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
There are several people tried. You can also check ebay feedbacks. Update is official and works without any problem. Units with HDD are compatible also.

Thanks for the quick response, the main reason I am asking is because I recently had my first service done (12months old) and mentioned that I was having a few problems with my Satnav system and asked them to check for software updates but they said there was no new updates!

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Thanks for the quick response, the main reason I am asking is because I recently had my first service done (12months old) and mentioned that I was having a few problems with my Satnav system and asked them to check for software updates but they said there was no new updates!
Unfortunately dealers have limited information on softwares. What is your current SW version? I can say you if there is any update or not.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I have one of the older systems can this be updated?

Device Part Number: 5F0035858A
Hardware: 041
Software: 0425

tevaadarelsol

Sep 7, 2016

For those who have MIB1 (5.8" screen) and MIB2 (6.5" screen) you can find the newest firmware on the spanish forum www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net, specifically here (all credits to @miceor):

www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600#p1928908

There you have the firmware files to update MIB1's up to 0480 and MIB2's up to 0346, the instructions to do it and the troubleshooting to clear an error code thrown away by the unit after the update.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012

For those who have MIB1 (5.8" screen) and MIB2 (6.5" screen) you can find the newest firmware on the spanish forum www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net, specifically here (all credits to @miceor):

www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600#p1928908

There you have the firmware files to update MIB1's up to 0480 and MIB2's up to 0346, the instructions to do it and the troubleshooting to clear an error code thrown away by the unit after the update.

Enjoy.

Thank you!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.