SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hi Yusuf I downloaded the MIB2 6,5" file from the Spanish forum but the unit does not start updating but shows the error: Cannot read the release info data...
Maybe only dealer can do it because it is one of the first late 2014 MIB2 Navigation Plus models? Or can you help?
Hello,

I sent you PM and I hope everything worked well. Enjoy your new updated system.

E6633 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Cupi

Jun 11, 2017

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
YUSUF's firmware has worked well in my Cupra 01/2015 with 6.5 MIB2 - There are three firmware upgrades. Thank you.
When having the Softwareversion management error you can delete it by using OBDEleven using this simple instruction:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4732096&postcount=2

After installing Yusufs firmware (going from v.0245 to 0330 to 0346), my MIB-II has started failing big time after a couple of month working fine. The unit is restarting from time to time, really slow and connecting your phone works not even half of the times. :wtf: :mad: [:@] :cry:
Is it possible to go back?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
After installing Yusufs firmware (going from v.0245 to 0330 to 0346), my MIB-II has started failing big time after a couple of month working fine. The unit is restarting from time to time, really slow and connecting your phone works not even half of the times. :wtf: :mad: [:@] :cry:
Yes it is possible to go back but you need to enable developer mode via VagCanPro first. Actually I am using same FW 0346 without any problem. Press and hold volume button untill you see seat logo. After reset it will probably be ok. A new version released called 0252. You can contact me to install it.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Has anyone found any issues with version 0346 on mib2 units? I've found the set-up screen for the air con has details missing. I was going to change auto fan speed from 2 to 1 but there's nothing on screen apart from temp and ability to alter. It's no issue as such as I can change speed manually so just interested in others experience. I also still suffer from occasional grey bar across top of nav map when in 3d mode. Flip to 2d and back to 3d removes. Just stick to 2d to save hassle. Other than these 2 issues I've had no probs with system freezing or rebooting.

Last edited:

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015

I take everything back - it turned out it was my iOS 11 public beta that ****ed up the MIB-II through the CarPlay, or at least so it seems. New phone and keeping the iOS 10 and the infotainment system works a charm again.

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
Has anyone found any issues with version 0346 on mib2 units? I've found the set-up screen for the air con has details missing. I was going to change auto fan speed from 2 to 1 but there's nothing on screen apart from temp and ability to alter. It's no issue as such as I can change speed manually so just interested in others experience. I also still suffer from occasional grey bar across top of nav map when in 3d mode. Flip to 2d and back to 3d removes. Just stick to 2d to save hassle. Other than these 2 issues I've had no probs with system freezing or rebooting.

Hi, yes, I had the no picture on air con setup screen issue as well as the mirrorlink entry on full link missing issue and wrong shape of Leon on the car menu, these are are covered in miceor's spanish post, read a bit further down, they were easy to resolve (with OBDeleven).

Not aware of the grey bar 3D navigation issue, sometimes does look a bit sparse up there though.

TheLexus

Jan 16, 2015
@Alakiha: I have the same question for H42, but i couldnt find any useful information. It seems there are only a leaked update for h24. :( Maybe someone read this and have another idea.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Both issues resolved, missing air con setup and incorrect car pic shown. Also removed nav dB 1555 error with new xor value. All details as per miceor's post in Spanish forum

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Just updated MIB1 from 0425 to 0480 using miceor's download and instructions all went well. Noticeable improvement in response of menu and nav system.

Managed the update in 25 mins using a UHS-ll class 3 32gb Lexar microSDHC. Usually find them with GoPro's.

After the update I left the unit on with the info screen telling me it's been updated please connect to restart unit. Then went into VCDS and cleared the SVM Flag using an xor calculator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maa

Aug 20, 2017
West Mids
I have updated my HW: 040 SW: 0425 to SW 0480 by following this guide.
I put all the files onto a USB3 Flash drive. and plugged into the media in port.
The update took just under an hour.
No error codes encountered.

Post installation, navigation module does seem to be more responsive.

need to find a way to update my 2014 maps though.

Have the same HW:040 and SW:0425 version and can confirm all updated to 0480 OK. At first I tried going in through the set up menu and selecting the software update option and it didn't seem to be able to find the software. Tried again by holding down the menu button and it picked it up straight away. I used a SanDisk Extreme 16gb SD and it took around 20mins. Haven't really noticed any difference though to be honest. Was hoping it was going to sort out the problem with the mic not working but it hasn't.

ziritione

Sep 7, 2017
Spao
Hi Yusuf I downloaded the MIB2 6,5" file from the Spanish forum but the unit does not start updating but shows the error: Cannot read the release info data...
Maybe only dealer can do it because it is one of the first late 2014 MIB2 Navigation Plus models? Or can you help?

I have the same problem, my unit is 5F0035043, update without problems until version 0674, but when I turn on the unit I get an error message: software update. So when I want to reinstall it says: Can not read the release info data ... Can anyone help me, please?

Roel

Sep 10, 2017
Yes it is possible to go back but you need to enable developer mode via VagCanPro first. Actually I am using same FW 0346 without any problem. Press and hold volume button untill you see seat logo. After reset it will probably be ok. A new version released called 0252. You can contact me to install it.

Good morning can i contact you too foor ressetimg back to stock firmware and then update to 0251?

Kind regards
Roel

Roel

Sep 10, 2017
Can you help me reset the unid from 0346 fw to stock and then update to 0252?

Kind regards
Roel

Roel

Sep 10, 2017
Hello,

You need to activate developer mode via vagcanpro tool to do this.

Thx for replaying. I did activate this mode. What shoud i do now? And how can i update to the last official version. I am Sorry. I am new to this forum. I am Roel i drive a seat ibiza from 2016 live in the netherlands.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.