swapped 08 cupra for brand new 58 fr tdi

r6mpr

i have just swapped my 08 cupra for a brand new fr tdi (i had cupra from new also) every body seems to say go cupra but i must say so far after nearly a week its great tax is nearl half price ,insurance is £200 less and the big plus going work i was getting 23 to 25 form cupra now its 49 to 52 big diffrence same time of week and still got half a tank left and for a disel it goes very well as any one else done this too ?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I wouldn't have bought the Cupra in the first place if I was worried about MPG, tax and insurance.
Horses for courses and all that.

r6mpr

doesnt bother me that much about tax and insurance but the fuel is a great plus i was useing a tank and a half a week in the cupra i stll love petrols i am after a mk1 lrc just for weekend use

r6mpr

I wouldn't have bought the Cupra in the first place if I was worried about MPG, tax and insurance.
Horses for courses and all that.

nice bike mate nothing comes close to an r6 for fun i have one myself (boys just love toys)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
nice bike mate nothing comes close to an r6 for fun i have one myself (boys just love toys)

I need to change my name, I sold mine last year after 5 happy years and am now bikeless for the first time in 12 years. :(. Sold it and ended up throwing most of the money on the LCR :lol:

I'd love to own a diesel one day just to see what all the fuss is about but I don't do enough miles at the moment to switch. My m8 has just got a Bora TDI and is also impressed with the fuel saving and tax.

r6mpr

I need to change my name, I sold mine last year after 5 happy years and am now bikeless for the first time in 12 years. :(. Sold it and ended up throwing most of the money on the LCR :lol:

I'd love to own a diesel one day just to see what all the fuss is about but I don't do enough miles at the moment to switch. My m8 has just got a Bora TDI and is also impressed with the fuel saving and tax.

what ya cupra r like any pics on here at least the lcp is usabler all year round mate missing going on mine like hell being garge for 5 months just to bloody cold roll on summer

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
No pics on here yet. Will do so once winters overs and it's been cleaned :D
Roll on the warmer weather indeed.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside

Iv,e enjoyed playing with my K1 during this shitty winter but i can,t wait to get the Blade out of the garage and wind on the throttle. Nurburgring already booked for the Blade in July:D

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
What sort of mileage were you doing in the Cupra? A tank and a half a week doesn't sound that much if you're using it a lot.

I can see the logic unless you took a massive hit on the Cupra.

Was it a straight swop for the FR TDi?, with no extra cash?

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I like the idea of saving money and better mpg but just couldn't do it. I only did 3k mls in the cupra last year mind and my insurance is 300 notes. We have a 2.0 tdi touran and it pulls very well and manages 55mpg all day long. Does my head in :rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I found there was an inconvenience factor as well of having to fill up all the time.

My mileage is wierd as the car can sit at home for a week or so and just do local miles and then do 3 or 4 longish runs in a week. I work from home a fair bit.

The range is the Cupra was only about 300 miles, so after say a trip to Birmingham (about 240 miles round trip) I'd need to fill up after the journey if using the car the next day to say do a 100 miles round trip to Manchester.

It got to the point of needing to fill up 3 or 4 times some weeks, which after getting up at 05:30 and arriving home 19:30 is the last thing I want to do when I'm up again at 06:00 the day next day. I was also keen to run it on 98+ RON whenever possible which made life a bit more difficult.

With a TDi I don't need to worry about filling it up that often.

Thorgen

FR TDI + LCR....wouldn't it have been cheaper just to keep the Cupra :confused:
That made me roll my eyes too. I mean, there is only one thing diesel is better than petrol is that it costs marginally less then petrol. I kinda doubt that the dealer isn't practicing charity either, so you lost quite a bit of money when exchanging your relatively new car to, let's face it, worse car in the attempt of saving money. So, now you have diesel and you ended up spending money, not saving it.

I found there was an inconvenience factor as well of having to fill up all the time.

My mileage is wierd as the car can sit at home for a week or so and just do local miles and then do 3 or 4 longish runs in a week. I work from home a fair bit.

The range is the Cupra was only about 300 miles, so after say a trip to Birmingham (about 240 miles round trip) I'd need to fill up after the journey if using the car the next day to say do a 100 miles round trip to Manchester.

It got to the point of needing to fill up 3 or 4 times some weeks, which after getting up at 05:30 and arriving home 19:30 is the last thing I want to do when I'm up again at 06:00 the day next day. I was also keen to run it on 98+ RON whenever possible which made life a bit more difficult.

With a TDi I don't need to worry about filling it up that often.

I'd be happy with 300 miles in a cupra, my tdi has the light come on at 370 and if thats the case i might as well switch the cupra and have more fun. petrol stations are boring tho !

r6mpr

Iv,e enjoyed playing with my K1 during this shitty winter but i can,t wait to get the Blade out of the garage and wind on the throttle. Nurburgring already booked for the Blade in July:D

have fun mate one hell of a trcak close as i will get is on xbox to it

r6mpr

What sort of mileage were you doing in the Cupra? A tank and a half a week doesn't sound that much if you're using it a lot.

I can see the logic unless you took a massive hit on the Cupra.

Was it a straight swop for the FR TDi?, with no extra cash?

i do around 450 to 550 a week i got 300 out of a tank on the cupra thre fr just clocked 515

r6mpr

I like the idea of saving money and better mpg but just couldn't do it. I only did 3k mls in the cupra last year mind and my insurance is 300 notes. We have a 2.0 tdi touran and it pulls very well and manages 55mpg all day long. Does my head in :rolleyes:

300 notes is cheap for cupra insurance who are you with do you have limted miles

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise