Swirls and holograms

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
I ve spent several weekends trying to remove severe paint swirls and shed loads of holograms which are an eye sore in direct sun light ,in frustration i ended up as a last resort getting a pro paint detailer from Smartshine in to sort prob . After a day and a half graft heres the results :clap:
L6.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
looking good, did he say why you got them in the first place as a guy at work has the same issue. going round his next weekend as he has borrowed a machine polisher, and we are going to give his lcr and my car a damn good clean

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
cheers Chris , the smartshine guy had to use different compounds on a machine polisher to remove all the swirls / holograms and reckons that the previous owner probably used drive through car washes too often or even just using a poor washing technique . He shown me the correct method to clay the paintwork and how to use the 2 bucket washing system with a grit guard . Black is a pain to keep looking good .

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i can vouch for that, i don't have any problems myself with holograms or swirls after i have cleaned it just my mate so thought i'd ask. sounds like something he is doing anyway so i shall have to see if i can see what and educate him ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.