Syphon's MK5 SEAT Ibiza CUPRA Black 1.8T - pocket rocket

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
First time I've jumped off the PCP/Leasing wagon in a long time, but as the MK4 CUPRA Leon petrol hatch has been pushed back, likely to March and I've been carless since handing my CUPRA 300 back in March this year, the wife was going to kill me if I didn't get a car and kept needing to borrow her Ateca.

I had already been saving for a deposit for the next car but when COVID hit, combined with my lease running out, and working from home I've been saving a lot of cash which I've been putting aside. Decided to invest in a 2nd hand CUPRA Black as I've had a soft spot for these since having a press car a few years back. It is likely to be the last ever CUPRA Ibiza as CUPRA have said they don't see it as economically viable.

All stock, it is a higher than average mileage for its age (62K on a 2016) but is in excellent condition and was a good 2K cheaper than similar ones with lower miles. As I won't be doing many miles it made it affordable and a sensible option.

I've had it three days, and it was delivered to me from York (driven instead of on a trailer which I had paid for and was agreed with the company selling (not SEAT btw), something I'm currently fuming about and waiting to hear how I will be compensated for the mess up).

It's pretty much rained torrentially since it arrived so it's dirty and I've not seen it in the flesh in the dry, but thankfully @Jimbobcook was amazingly kind and test drove it for me and sent me lots of pics / videos a week or so ago, which helped make my buying decision.

Also, a big thanks to @m0rk and @ZBOYD for the advice and for putting up with my indecisiveness and never-ending search for just the right one. All the others I came across there was always at least one issue with it.

Currently it's stock, but as I own it (and not leasing), I've got itchy modding fingers. I've not even put a SEATCUPA.NET sticker or badge on it yet the weather's been so bad!

I have ordered some numberplates at least branded with our website address and colour scheme so looking forward to them arriving next week.

One of the tyres is a different make to the others which I'm not a fan of so will need to sort that out. Also, the passenger mirror doesn't close but thankfully the previous owner had paid for extended warranty until March next year so I should be able to get that sorted.

More pics to follow when it's dry and has been fully cleaned and polished etc. In the meantime, pics below. The first one I took today; the others are from the dealership's advert.

It's a proper pocket rocket and brings a big smile to my face when I get behind the wheel. :)

The best bit, the insurance only cost me £180! (y) (y)

PXL_20201003_160936314.jpg
a5759572-5927-4a96-963e-4be170daf4e1.jpg
761ab40d-614e-4bf2-9181-a887f0121faf.jpg
96633bc1-4bc2-41b6-9cf6-bfbdb34568dd.jpg
ab0827d3-7f05-4541-a97b-24807a58b509.jpg
2a4a5966-d946-484e-9b2a-3332dfcbbb9e.jpg
3ebd9d95-0434-45c1-8853-3b53652dfbec.jpg
8c3ca1d8-18cf-456f-bdce-ccfbab6cf985.jpg
0b646dae-8b0c-423c-a3f6-42661f888394.jpg
4d6b1f3d-9064-462a-b628-a086925ed070.jpg
570fb02d-f314-414b-82ef-36d653c9a29b.jpg
012175f9-2f2e-4722-ab7b-0a9a884fb4cf.jpg

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
First time I've jumped off the PCP/Leasing wagon in a long time, but as the MK4 CUPRA Leon petrol hatch has been pushed back, likely to March and I've been carless since handing my CUPRA 300 back in March this year, the wife was going to kill me if I didn't get a car and kept needing to borrow her Ateca.

I had already been saving for a deposit for the next car but when COVID hit, combined with my lease running out, and working from home I've been saving a lot of cash which I've been putting aside. Decided to invest in a 2nd hand CUPRA Black as I've had a soft spot for these since having a press car a few years back. It is likely to be the last ever CUPRA Ibiza as CUPRA have said they don't see it as economically viable.

All stock, it is a higher than average mileage for its age (62K on a 2016) but is in excellent condition and was a good 2K cheaper than similar ones with lower miles. As I won't be doing many miles it made it affordable and a sensible option.

I've had it three days, and it was delivered to me from York (driven instead of on a trailer which I had paid for and was agreed with the company selling (not SEAT btw), something I'm currently fuming about and waiting to hear how I will be compensated for the mess up).

It's pretty much rained torrentially since it arrived so it's dirty and I've not seen it in the flesh in the dry, but thankfully @Jimbobcook was amazingly kind and test drove it for me and sent me lots of pics / videos a week or so ago, which helped make my buying decision.

Also, a big thanks to @m0rk and @ZBOYD for the advice and for putting up with my indecisiveness and never-ending search for just the right one. All the others I came across there was always at least one issue with it.

Currently it's stock, but as I own it (and not leasing), I've got itchy modding fingers. I've not even put a SEATCUPA.NET sticker or badge on it yet the weather's been so bad!

I have ordered some numberplates at least branded with our website address and colour scheme so looking forward to them arriving next week.

One of the tyres is a different make to the others which I'm not a fan of so will need to sort that out. Also, the passenger mirror doesn't close but thankfully the previous owner had paid for extended warranty until March next year so I should be able to get that sorted.

More pics to follow when it's dry and has been fully cleaned and polished etc. In the meantime, pics below. The first one I took today; the others are from the dealership's advert.

It's a proper pocket rocket and brings a big smile to my face when I get behind the wheel. :)

The best bit, the insurance only cost me £180! (y) (y)

View attachment 18648 View attachment 18649 View attachment 18650 View attachment 18651 View attachment 18652 View attachment 18653 View attachment 18654 View attachment 18655 View attachment 18656 View attachment 18657 View attachment 18658 View attachment 18659
Nice, liking the trim on the front seats. I know ur pain, been driving the wifes fabis 2 for months now (all 58 hps worth lol) thats why im putting "R Timmy" back on the road

Reactions: Syphon

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Love the black badges! Such a subtle change but adds to the rear end but funnily enough not seen many with it from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Ta, I did the same with my MK3 CUPRA Leon 280 and that was white, wasn't sure how it would look with this colour but it pulls it off I think and is quite stealthy :)

The mods now under consideration have grown, shocks/springs, rear spoiler, front splitter, side skirts, ARB, exhaust. :)

Scott

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Certainly does pull it off! Looks right at home.

Healthy list of mods their! I would agree with all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Really nice! Dark grey really suits these wee Cupras. I have the twincharged version, after a new engine and a full engine rebuild it is working perfectly.

I might try your "Cupra" badge mood

CRV2xbx.jpg

F9m0E1J.jpg

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Cheers, your car looks great.

I've put the guide online now here

What's that rear spoiler addon you have please?

Scott

I have actually no idea. was on the car when I bought (albeit wrapped in cheesy fake carbon vinyl). I have tried to find out where it came from a couple of times with no luck. It is thin abs plastic.

I think it actually look pretty good.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.