t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
ynu3u3em.jpg

Cars were looking great!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looks like it was a fantastic turnout Tom. Was there a standout car for you? Lots of thoughts about wheels to come I'm sure :blink: Really hard to choose a set that looks as good as the original LCR wheels IMO.

I loved quite a few cars mate, could not really pick one tbh :) I do love Scirocco's more and more though and there was a lovely one there. A few sweet S3'S too. You would have loved all the air ride about today! Hope you can make the next one :)

Oh and re the wheels I totally agree, looking back at my pics, it's a hard oem wheel to beat.

ynu3u3em.jpg

Cars were looking great!

Thanks for the pic and the comment mate appreciate it! Hopefully meet you at the next one :)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
I loved quite a few cars mate, could not really pick one tbh :) I do love Scirocco's more and more though and there was a lovely one there. A few sweet S3'S too. You would have loved all the air ride about today! Hope you can make the next one :)

Oh and re the wheels I totally agree, looking back at my pics, it's a hard oem wheel to beat.

Thanks for the pic and the comment mate appreciate it! Hopefully meet you at the next one :)

I know yours and D.K's is the 3rd one EL's? don't know who the others were in that row though, yea would be good to meet you all one day.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Yup the 3rd was my shed lol Shame we didn't get to meet this time. Hopefully at the next show mate :)

Yours was looking good too, mine got hidden way up the top at the end of the ground :lol:

Yea it was, next time though! I'm going to make more effort to get to meets

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah that was El's car 3rd along in the pic.

Was a great show, TED will be getting a bigger crowd together lined up for Players 7.0 :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
VW Bora Aero wiper arms and blades have arrived. They will be going on at the weekend if all goes well :)

06DDFEA2-CAF1-4AB4-8EB2-3B443753A933-2746-000002B4D29631ED.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
motor looks as good as ever mate :D

nice buy with the aero arms and blades, really need these for mine. Were they expensive?

Cheers mate :D

They were £40 in good used condition off ebay. The seller had 2 sets so me and D.K nabbed them. I think he breaks cars though and you never know he might have more.

I can send you a link to his page on there if you like and you could drop him a word?

george_seamons

Nov 20, 2007
I nabbed a pair off a guy at Players for £25. Very happy with that! They look way better than the standard ones with retrofit aeros! Need a shorter passenger blade though, mine has to sit at more of an angle to fit on the screen.

Was good to see you guys, cheers for your compliments about mine! Sorry to DK if I offended him about his rear lights, didn't mean it to sound quite how it came out!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Was good to see you guys, cheers for your compliments about mine! Sorry to DK if I offended him about his rear lights, didn't mean it to sound quite how it came out!

Think he was crying for a few hours after that :lol:

Nice to meet you also mate. Great mods on your car and given me a few ideas for mine and I am sure Tom will follow ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
please mate, that'll be great

You have a PM mate.

I nabbed a pair off a guy at Players for £25. Very happy with that! They look way better than the standard ones with retrofit aeros! Need a shorter passenger blade though, mine has to sit at more of an angle to fit on the screen.

Good find that mate, nice one. I know my set will need trimming one side but D.K is going to give me a hand this weekend and also we are going to refurb the arms with a clean and a fresh coat of paint.

No probs, the car is coming along well, keep it up! And I'm sure D.K will live mate haha!
I liked the effect on your rear lights it looks good!

Think he was crying for a few hours after that :lol:

Nice to meet you also mate. Great mods on your car and given me a few ideas for mine and I am sure Tom will follow ;)

Lol, so that's where he went.. Off to cry in his car!

Baaaaahhh! Haha, na I may do the rear lights but it will be a blacker tint but very subtle. Apart from that I'm not far off finished now.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Intake Manifold Gasket

Looking at reducing temps in any form is a great help on these cars and I've just bought one of these Newsouth intake manifolds for the LCR to see if it helps reduce the idling temps and traffic driving conditions.

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/seat/leon1m/newsouth-1-8t-power-gasket-plus-1999-5

Been meaning to get one for a while and I thought I might aswell go all out now and just get these mods done which are sitting on my mind.

Gotta keep pushing on with the project now, plenty more to come in the next few months :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
you will notice with that gasket the inlet manifold will be cold when you get back from a drive rather than warm without the gasket.

Good stuff, that's the hope and I've read that a lot on other forums aswell as this one :)

Looking forward to getting it on.