Tapping noise coming from passenger area?

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Just an update guys. I tried the insulating tape trick this morning and It actually worked. No more irritating tapping noise while driving.

Thanks again for all the replies and advice 👍
Mate can you photograph what you did and where you did it… cuz i think i have the same irretating thing in my car 😂😒

Reactions: motormadmarc

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Mate can you photograph what you did and where you did it… cuz i think i have the same irretating thing in my car 😂😒
Just fold down the rear seats and where the seats lock back into place just wrap some insulating tape around the metal catch where the seat latch locks back into place.

This Is the side where I haven't put any insulating tape. But It shows the metal catch where you need to wrap some insulating tape around.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_174722.jpg
    IMG_20220418_174722.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 132

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
Just fold down the rear seats and where the seats lock back into place just wrap some insulating tape around the metal catch where the seat latch locks back into place.

This Is the side where I haven't put any insulating tape. But It shows the metal catch where you need to wrap some insulating tape around.
Thank you very much! ;)

Reactions: motormadmarc

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Funny story.

Years ago I worked beside va dunderhead called Brian. He did too many idiotic things to list but one day he was complaining about a knocking noise from his car. Said it was booked into a garage the next day for them to look at it.

I asked him to take me out a run at lunch time to hear the noise. Sure enough, no sooner had we pulled out of the car park..'clunk'. There it is says Brian. I reached under the passenger seat and pulled out an empty Iron Bru bottle! Clunk fixed.

By all means put the car into the dealer but do try not to be a Brian ;0)

Deleted member 133989

Seat adjust the catch that the rear seat locks into so just book it in with them to sort it out.

Mine has been great since they did this and it’s under warranty.

for anyone else that have this issue or can hear a knocking / rattling sound from the rear, just drop the seats and if it goes away, then this shows what the problem is and Seat are fully aware of the issue.

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Hi M8! Thanks for idea. The rattling noise been gone. I did it with ice hockey stick tape around that metal. What dealer could do and find. I, thanks to you, now solution works perfectly.
Glad you got It sorted. Because In my opinion there's nothing more annoying than rattles or creaks when you are driving around In your car 👍

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members