TCS not working?

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
OK first post!

I bought a 2006 Leon TDi 140 RS in July with which I am very pleased. :D:D Now the roads are getting wetter and the front tyres are wearing I am noticing that the traction control is not working as I was expecting. My drive to work is along twisty B roads & lanes with some steep hills & hairpin bends so plenty of fun and plenty of chance to lose traction. The TCS light flashes on the dashboard as soon as the wheels lose traction and carries on flashing until either the wheels manage to find grip or I ease back on the throttle all the while the wheels are noticeably slipping (but probably not spinning). Is this normal? Other cars I have driven with TCS you feel a noticeable cut in power and the wheel spin is very quickly brought under control. Turning off the TCS does not seem to make a whole lot of difference other than turning the yellow light on full time. If this is not normal then the system is obviously detecting the traction loss but doing nothing to counteract it. The car was dealer serviced in September and was not reporting any faults.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I find that the TCS does not work at all in 1st gear but a quick change into second which starts the wheels spinning, then the majority of the power is cut, although I do find it hardly steps in when only one wheel is spinning, i.e if I power out of a wet roundabout in 3d and the front right wheel spins, it flashes and doesnt really do anything :)

Danny.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It annoys me where the light is for it - on my old LCR you couldn't miss it but I find it's often obscured by the steering wheel on the MK2.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.