TDi Badges

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi

Anyone else noticed how poorly fitted the TDi badges are on the wings?

I recently washed off the red I, not at all surprised by this. :(

I want to get spares so I decided to get a quote from a Seat supplier I've used before, Bartletts.

I asked for 2 x sets for just in case anymore decide to drop off. They're are asking for £34 which includes p+p!!!! Thats extortionate right? :wtf:

Anyone know where else I can get these?

The larger TDi badges are widely available but they're the wrong ones (much to big and for the tailgate.)

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
Andy, are you being a chav :) and putting them on the tailgate? lol
Surely they cost about a tenner? thats what badges usually cost for most brands eg vw.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
LOL me, a Chav!! :censored: I've been accused of all manner of things, but a CHAV??? How dare you sir! A duel!!! lol

I've not used the larger badge on my tailgate. They're for the golfs, passats etc. I agree, a tenner at the most. They're only moulded plastic after all.

It's fair to say Bartletts won't be getting my trade, not at those ridiculous prices anyway.

Anyone on here know of any other resellers?

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Thanks mate. I previously checked Halfords and indeed your right, they only have the (common) larger ones and in red.

I'm going to give my dealer a call and complain I think and see what can be done.

Cheers for your input dude :)

ps Have you noticed how poor the adhesion is on these badges?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Hi been looking my self, I do want one for my boot only because I have a small dent and 3 small chips that I would like to cover. if the dent haden't brook the paint I would have got dent devils to repair it. At the moment I have a sports badge on but it is little big, have spent a few hours looking for the small seat ones but no luck if you find any my be you will let me know thankyou.

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
Hi Andy,

Mine are still stuck solidly to my car! Maybe the guys in the factory who stick the badges on, had been fired for glue sniffing before they got to my car!:rolleyes:lol

Barrie:D

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hi

Anyone else noticed how poorly fitted the TDi badges are on the wings?

I recently washed off the red I, not at all surprised by this. :(

I want to get spares so I decided to get a quote from a Seat supplier I've used before, Bartletts.

I asked for 2 x sets for just in case anymore decide to drop off. They're are asking for £34 which includes p+p!!!! Thats extortionate right? :wtf:

Anyone know where else I can get these?

The larger TDi badges are widely available but they're the wrong ones (much to big and for the tailgate.)

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Surely this IS a warranty issue - worth a try with the dealers any way. ....................................

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Surely this IS a warranty issue - worth a try with the dealers any way. ....................................

I got a quote from Barlows in Wolves............£16.11 + VAT!!! Thats just one set. I'm going to visit in person on Saturday and complain! I agree with you, I think it should be a warranty issue. Not very good really.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.