TDi Exhaust Centre Section

JamJay

California Bound
Hey all. I caught wind a while ago that the TDI 150 exhaust centre section will fit petrol Leon's, being the same length and shape, yet being unresonated. Is this true?

If so, does anyone know what size it is? I am hoping 2.5" as I might try replacing the resonated centre section on the LCR exhaust system with it.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hey all. I caught wind a while ago that the TDI 150 exhaust centre section will fit petrol Leon's, being the same length and shape, yet being unresonated. Is this true?

If so, does anyone know what size it is? I am hoping 2.5" as I might try replacing the resonated centre section on the LCR exhaust system with it.

As far as I know Jam it fits the 1.8t cupras rather than the LCRs.. 2.25" rather than 2.5".
I bought a straight length or 2.5" mild steel tube, chopped out the resonator with an angle grinder and welded in the new section. If you were nearer by I'd help with yours; but any exhaust place should do it for you.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks Danny, I have friend from school who fabricates exhausts for the DUB scene, MK1 GTi's and the older stuff so I think he might be able to help me seeing as it's not the turbo end.

I am surprised that there's no noise increase though :shrug:

Mine makes more noise; I have decat and no resonator, but otherwise a standard system. It is pretty loud, not offensive but not quiet!

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
I am slowly getting more confused about exhaust systems.

I have a 150TDi and am looking for a little bit more power/response and a little more noise.

Whats everyones opinions on the best thing to do, i would like to keep cost down but will spend a few hundred to do whats best.

@Jamjay - where in the surrey hills are you? I'm in Oxted, sure i keep seeing your car.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
I am slowly getting more confused about exhaust systems.

I have a 150TDi and am looking for a little bit more power/response and a little more noise.

Whats everyones opinions on the best thing to do, i would like to keep cost down but will spend a few hundred to do whats best.

@Jamjay - where in the surrey hills are you? I'm in Oxted, sure i keep seeing your car.

For a diesel just get a straight pipe from the turbo to the back; job done! It might be too loud though, in which case get a free flowing muffler installed at the back. Diesels do not require cats; they just have to pass a smoke test for MOTs. :)

JamJay

California Bound
I have a 3" DP & 200cell Cat mounted to the OEM cat-back, I am sure deresonating the centre section will make it louder. It's pretty deep now and sound nice on full throttle. I have a video in my build up. If I can get a centre section made up cheap, i'll use interim until I can get a prep cat-back.

daboy, I'm in Reigate but I haven't taken my car anywhere near Oxted for about a year.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
For a diesel just get a straight pipe from the turbo to the back; job done! It might be too loud though, in which case get a free flowing muffler installed at the back. Diesels do not require cats; they just have to pass a smoke test for MOTs. :)

Can you recommend somewhere that knows what to do in the SE London/Surrey area?

daboy, I'm in Reigate but I haven't taken my car anywhere near Oxted for about a year.

A bit of a stab in the dark but you don't see many yellow ones.

Last edited:

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Can you recommecnd somewhere that knows what to do in the SE London/Surrey area?

Not really; I don't really know that area; most exhaust places can do it; just ask to see examples of their work before committing to using them!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.