TDI Tuning vs Revo map

Sep 12, 2019
I'm thinking of getting my Mk3 Leon FR remapped (2.0 TDI 150PS)

When looking online (apart from a custom remap) the main two companies I can find are Revo and TDI tuning, the main difference between the two being the revo map is a remap of my ECU, and the TDI tuning being a tuning box that interrupts signals sent to the ECU.

A TDI tuning box is currently £300 (on sale) and a Revo map is about £400.

Has anyone had any experience with these different maps on this engine?

Cheers

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln

When looking online (apart from a custom remap) the main two companies I can find are Revo and TDI tuning, the main difference between the two being the revo map is a remap of my ECU, and the TDI tuning being a tuning box that interrupts signals sent to the ECU.

Cheers
I’ve started a similar thread as I’m looking to power upgrade. I’ve got a 300 4Drive but should still good insight into manufacturers
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/poll-which-tuning-box.460024/page-2#post-4920132

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I did the development with REVO for the Cupra 280/290/300 file back in 2014 before eventually going back to my trusted "off the shelf" tuner APR. Out of them 2 for the £100 more I would personally go with REVO, make sure you get a trusted garage to do it though, you can check official REVO dealers on their website.

You will also have the support of that dealer + REVO UK.

If you find a dealer than has a rolling road, get before and after, don't take much notice off the headline numbers unless the rolling road is known to be good, but instead focus on the gains.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Revo maps on the old 1.9 tdi’s used to be savage torque wise and kill the clutches. Hopefully they have toned it down a bit on the 2.0 tdi’s

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle

Cheers
Did you make a decision of which to go for? I’m thinking the same thing on same car

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise