Techie Help - Power steering...

T. Spark

How does the power steering work as such? Is there a way to check it on vag-com to see if everything is ok?

As mine doesnt work :(

Will it have a fault code? There is plenty of fluid in and it cant be losing it, as I havnt added any to check if thats the problem?

Help!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
if its not working the light will be on, and yes there is a way in vag just search the fault code thing and see what comes up. Not too hard really. As you say its not working, how do u know? ie is the light on or is it just heavy.

T. Spark

Its heavy, the light is on also... forget to mention that part... I cant get vag-com on the beast till tomorrow, so will run a general searchie and see what comes up and surprises me!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i had beezers at work with the p.steering light on and simply reset the light and the power steering returned was just caused from impact.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yes it does have a fuse on the top of the battery.

A fault code check on 44 - Steering assistance will bring up the fault code.

Hows your battery?

T. Spark

Sorted :D

I checked both the fuses (as was told there is two!) both were fine... so as I orginally thought run vag-com clear the codes and its working again...

After the garage telling me it might be a dodgy wire not getting voltage down, or maybe needs a new steering rack... it was a stupid ass error code, as I TOLD them a week earlier... plebs.

Thanks for the help guys

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.