Tell tale signs of worn bushes &/or trackrod ends etc??

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
He Guys,

Happy New Year n all that!

I have seen a series of posts referring to worn trackrod ends and suspension bushes on relatively low milage cars.

Mine has done 26k but under hard acceleration or braking if i go over pot holes, large bumps, drains or manholes etc i get a very viscious and loud bang noise. Im guessing its suspension realted?

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
Ive just seen another post mentioning susp top mounts - coul dit be these>?! Rather a low milage, hence the concern!

CHRIS200

Powered by Seat Sport
Oct 4, 2003
Fleet, Hants
Visit site
I had the nearside trackrod end replaced under warranty at 32K miles on it's third service and just had the nearside replaced at 38K miles on it's 4th service.

Also one of the bushes on the ARB has started to perish and as rubbed the paint of the ARB and the ARB started to rust.

Didn't pay steeler prices £72 fitted for the track rod end, I paid £45 sourcing the parts myself and getting it fitted and tracked.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I test drove a Toledo with worn bushes and sounded exactly the same as you describe.

Bushes are a pain to change and quite a job if you don't have the bits to do yourself.

If the car is under warranty get it in for them to do

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
Bugger - no the car is just out of warranty :( I bet the dealer will offer to do them at the service next month too!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.