temp gauge query, anything to worry about?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
ok i got in my car yesterday and when i started the engine i got the same tone i think as when your fuel light came on, but the red light on the temp gauage started flashing and did for the whole 9mile trip i did

checked the book and it said check coolant level and it was above miniumum in the expansion tank at the destination, when coming home for close to the same journey distance i didn't have the problem

i had been out in the car on friday morning and had no issues with it, is this something i should worry about and get checked or just keep an eye on bearing in mind its due a service in the next couple of weeks

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
well the beep just occured the once then the red light was flashing all journey, then on the way back about half an hour to an hour later i had no problems

jaggy2

had the same problem it started off just once and a while, then it got to every time i switched on in the morning ...solution i cleaned the sensor prongs in the coolant expansion tank with a small flat blade screwdriver as advised on another thread and hey presto no more alarm