the benefits of TBE + REMAP fo k1

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
hi dudes already got my k1 mapped 285bhp on dyno, looking to buy full milly non res! what sort of bhp will i gain?

my mates just got new focus rs 305 BHP, and im hating the thought of him passing me lol........

danneth

Jul 3, 2006
sheffield
hi dudes already got my k1 mapped 285bhp on dyno, looking to buy full milly non res! what sort of bhp will i gain?

my mates just got new focus rs 305 BHP, and im hating the thought of him passing me lol........

unless its always in a line hes always going to be passing you ;) just make sure he keeps his standard :lol:

Poverty

bit low bhp for a mapped car, who did your map. If you want to keep ahead of him on the corners aswell as the straights you need to throw 800 notes at the car for a diff. Trouble is though once he maps his, he will be quicker again.

If its BHP your after, just get the downpipe and mate it to the standard backbox, there isnt much of a gain to be had with the catback over standard especially a milly

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
ves sport mapped my car, i think we can get a bit more out of it thou! what are u guys gettin with standard k1 with just a remap???

should i just get downpipe and sports cat from millly, and keep from cat back stock? is the milly not a 3" pipe

Poverty

ves sport mapped my car, i think we can get a bit more out of it thou! what are u guys gettin with standard k1 with just a remap???

should i just get downpipe and sports cat from millly, and keep from cat back stock? is the milly not a 3" pipe

Most people are getting over 300hp from just a map.

Only the milly down pipe is 3". The cat back is 2.75". Im running a stock k1 backbox and blueflame down pipe, with this setup along with the other bolt ones it pretty much sounds similiar to a milly anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

i bet hes not kicking out 305 bhp though mate , most of them have come out about 280ish

Poverty

theres a piper down pipe for sale for 75 quid, its got a faulty cat, so you can either cut the cat out for 40 quid and go decat or get a new cat fitted for 125 notes, then just mate it to your standard back box. Proppa bargain.

Poverty

Pov, didn't you see off an RS after a remap alone?

rs4, albeit he was 3 man up, although on our runs we were coming off roundabouts and it was a greasy and wet january.

Havent come across a TTRS yet, but im hoping I can get stranger from the TT forum in his blue TTRS to come out for a play soon.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Just seen the tune-up available for the RS, hope the vomit green one that hoons it around my area doesn't find it as that will be the end of my supremacy...

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Just seen the tune-up available for the RS, hope the vomit green one that hoons it around my area doesn't find it as that will be the end of my supremacy...

Na just get a few bits and bobs and you'll have him in your back pocket, their still fwd and regardless of the quaife and revo knuckle, you'll still make a mess of it especially in the wet.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
While I will confess to having looked at a Dagenham RS when hunting for the next wagon, I would very much like to nail one to the wall now :)

Last edited: