The coldest and best air feed ?

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
Me and my mate are always trying to get a better airflow for our cars and i cant get a bigger cold air feed, currently using a cupra airbox and intake with a K&N panel just had a thought today about a bonnet scoop but you think or will it look sh*t ?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
If its a plastic, stick-on jobbie then t will look crap.
bonnet-scoop-large-MG1.jpg

ford_ka_bonnet_skin_vent.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

If you get louvres pressed into your bonnet it could look cool. http://www.coollouvres.com/

Easiest will probably be a feed from the front bumper somewhere...

Last edited:

Deleted member 13581

Ive heard they give you 10bhp per scoop you add on. :lol:

I would look for a feed in the bumper somewhere. Remove a fog light perhaps, or if you can get into just beside it.

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
has anyone managed to get a feed from around your bumper i have the petrol FR and there just isnt any room for anything lol i bet changing a bulb is almost impossible on one side !

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Always thinking about a cold air feed myself its a shame theres no room for anything in the bay! You could always relocate the battery to the boot and create a heat shield! I dont fancy doing it but others may :)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Always thinking about a cold air feed myself its a shame theres no room for anything in the bay! You could always relocate the battery to the boot and create a heat shield! I dont fancy doing it but others may :)

Say WUT?!
Airbox NEEDS to be bigger though and it still needs a cold air feed.
2009-12-26%2013.36.42.jpg

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
mike i think your going abit extreme there mate lol although snorkels do look cool on jeeps so maybe ibizas aswell ! cjramze looks like you've got something going there just take out the headlight and your sorted

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
mike i think your going abit extreme there mate lol although snorkels do look cool on jeeps so maybe ibizas aswell ! cjramze looks like you've got something going there just take out the headlight and your sorted

:lol: Yeah sorry. Been off work sick today and my mind whet wandering! :cartman:

I always thought doing something like this the headlight would be cool. You would get loads of cold air right to the filter (if you put the battery in the boot.

130_0503_02z+Mitsubishi_Evolution_VII+Headlight_Air_Duct.jpg

Spectre_Headlight_Ram_Air_3.jpg

Problem is there ain't a lot of room in the Ibiza 20vt engine bay to route some ducting from cool fresh air to the filter. :shrug:

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
:lol: Yeah sorry. Been off work sick today and my mind whet wandering! :cartman:

I always thought doing something like this the headlight would be cool. You would get loads of cold air right to the filter (if you put the battery in the boot.

130_0503_02z+Mitsubishi_Evolution_VII+Headlight_Air_Duct.jpg

I've been in talks with an old friend who did exactly that to his Astra VXR, Ducted it straight through the high beam, Totally legal and effective.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.