The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

C11akh

Feb 15, 2015
Can anyone give me a link to a boot led light that they have bought and works fine.....I bought one off eBay fitted it and it fried the resistor.....new bulb holder on order

JBB

Mar 5, 2014
Cornwall
Got mine from partsulike in April last year. Had problems with the ones I had fitted in the map lights, some of the leds stopped working on 1 two stopped and the other 3. Partulike changed them and no problems with any of them or the others yet.

Happymac16

Mar 28, 2017
Portskerra, Highlands
I know its late to add to this thread. But does anyone know if its possible to change the two red led lights that shine down from the front centre light unit onto the gear stick etc. Is there a type number or a way to change the colour?

ToroNegro

Dec 12, 2011
The Black Country
I know its late to add to this thread. But does anyone know if its possible to change the two red led lights that shine down from the front centre light unit onto the gear stick etc. Is there a type number or a way to change the colour?

They’re soldered. So would be dismantle the unit, identify led size and replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Just changed the glovebox light and the footwell lights to red but struggling to get into the metal casing on the boot light, is there a easy way without snapping the plastic bits.

Also is the rear passenger lights and vanity mirror 36 or 39 mm festoon ?

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
C90B2500-DB17-4E53-BAFA-7CC4D8C05968.jpeg 50C508EF-D075-45B1-8F76-F8A38CA2C956.jpeg
Anybody else come across footwell LED’s like these. Ordered some red W5W as suggested on here but these are nothing like bulbs I’ve changed before.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Is anyone aware of the part number. Wanted to replace with Red LED's.
I got mine off ebay. Think the guy selling was actually for an a3 but was listed as fitting several different vag cars.

These are from Germany an a3 but look to be the same fitting? EBay item number 272136846478.

I will leave to you to decide whether or not you want to risk it. I did and it's so much better now it matches. I did have to turn them down a little as they were very bright to begin with. And the connector is a very tight fit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I got mine off ebay. Think the guy selling was actually for an a3 but was listed as fitting several different vag cars.

These are from Germany an a3 but look to be the same fitting? EBay item number 272136846478.

I will leave to you to decide whether or not you want to risk it. I did and it's so much better now it matches. I did have to turn them down a little as they were very bright to begin with. And the connector is a very tight fit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That's the cheapest I've seen including the unit itself.

Going to try the red sharpie technique and if it looks rubbish go get those.

ssc2000

Mar 19, 2016
Hi all, anyone recently bought reverse light leds for a 2014 FR ? all the old ebay link dont work anymore and i'm unsure of what wattage to get

ShubZ

Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys,

I've been trawling this thread but am now probably more confused than when I started! I have a 2014 Leon which did not have any internal LED bulbs as standard. I do not want to do any soldering of resistors. Please can someone link some LED bulbs that won't require any adjustments to the in car circuits?

I'm mainly looking for LEDs for the loom above the rear seats, as the LEDs I bought from Halfords have been giving me problems.

Also does anyone know where I can get some nice red ones for the foot wells? Thanks.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Hey guys,

I've been trawling this thread but am now probably more confused than when I started! I have a 2014 Leon which did not have any internal LED bulbs as standard. I do not want to do any soldering of resistors. Please can someone link some LED bulbs that won't require any adjustments to the in car circuits?

I'm mainly looking for LEDs for the loom above the rear seats, as the LEDs I bought from Halfords have been giving me problems.

Also does anyone know where I can get some nice red ones for the foot wells? Thanks.

I bought the following when I changed mine over in April 2017:

3x pairs, so 6 units in total - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/t10-501-w5w-canbus-5-led

1x pair - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/festoon-canbus-36mm-led?search=FESTOON-36MM-CB

The T10s fit the two overhead map lights, the footwell lights and the glove box. The Festoons fit the rear overhead light and the boot.

ShubZ

Sep 8, 2016

3x pairs, so 6 units in total - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/t10-501-w5w-canbus-5-led

1x pair - https://www.horizonleds.co.uk/festoon-canbus-36mm-led?search=FESTOON-36MM-CB

The T10s fit the two overhead map lights, the footwell lights and the glove box. The Festoons fit the rear overhead light and the boot.

Sorry, I have another question. I had changed the festoon and map lights to LEDs that I bought from Halfords previously. There was still sufficient residual current for the festoon lights to be dimly lit constantly when they weren't meant to be on. When you switched yours over did you have any problems like this? I don't want to spend out and buy more if I'm going to have the same problem again. I had to go back to the halogen bulbs for the map lights currently. I think on of the festoon bulbs has failed because when I turn the switch for the festoon on, the halogen bulbs in the map light console dim and flicker. The festoon unit doesn't light up at all. Any ideas on what's happening? Thanks

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Sorry, I have another question. I had changed the festoon and map lights to LEDs that I bought from Halfords previously. There was still sufficient residual current for the festoon lights to be dimly lit constantly when they weren't meant to be on. When you switched yours over did you have any problems like this? I don't want to spend out and buy more if I'm going to have the same problem again. I had to go back to the halogen bulbs for the map lights currently. I think on of the festoon bulbs has failed because when I turn the switch for the festoon on, the halogen bulbs in the map light console dim and flicker. The festoon unit doesn't light up at all. Any ideas on what's happening? Thanks

No such issues with mine, they turn completely off and fade up and down consistently the way they should. :)

Reactions: ShubZ

Spuddy01

Aug 30, 2018

Just ordered the above bulbs for my car just need to get a bulb for the reversing light now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.