The name of component under Radio

shox

Hello everyone!

Im sorry if this has been answered before, but whats the name of the socket thing under the radio?? (the place where you can put stuff in)

Does anyone know if i can find alternative versions of it??

Im trying to add some toggle switches and i would like to get a version of that with a closed front, in order to drill holes in it.

thanks in advance!

4345120557_360a4645df.jpg

ps. Sorry for initially posting on the wrong section! :(

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2009
I went into VW and asked for shelf.. cubby hole type thing under the stereo and they found me one for the lupo

just go into a seat dealer and order one, mine was £16 new

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Wow thanks alot mate! do u have any clue where i can buy it??

ps. Is that from the service manual??

parts can be bought from a dealer, and i got the pic and info from vagcat.com :D

Last edited:

shox

Armour Auto who supply Autoleads Audio products do a few different types of blanking plates so that you could remove the current DIN tray & fit some toggle switches there instead.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_fitting_kits/images/FP-007.jpg

Thanks for your input. Problem is i live in Holland =) and as i noticed from the site they dont have an e-shop.

I tried e-baying the item but i couldn't find it. Dropped an email to the local stealer. Hopefully they will have one on stock.

shox

Update: I got the trim from the local stealer. Only disappointment is that the part doenst "click" in, because its originally made to replace the radio, and not the tray under it. I will most probably make some "holes" under my radio to attach it to. Ill post some pics if it works out ;)

Last edited:

shox

it should just push in, I know mine did when I changed the radio

weird :/

the problem is that the small hatches that hold the thing on the dash are on the top and bottom of the plate. the bottom ones are properly touching the frame below it, but the top ones are trying to attach to the top (which is the bottom of the radio). For the record, im not using the stock radio.

Am i clear?? else i can take a pic =)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members