The ONLY Video Of The 345PS Cupra...

warren_cox

Back from the dead
[DanGB]shhhhh

...and thats with a posslbe turbo problem[/QUOTE]

Fook me!! :headhurt:

i would think its probably a new design and would probably see closer to 380 with the right mods.
1 thing is is strange is volvo haven't launched a hot R series , seeing as they share the same engines.

Any ways looks like good times ahead from car companies , just need SEAT to produce a real upgrade from the 1.8 without all the problems that exsist with the current 2.0tfsi or perhaps the the new 2.0tsi will be a big improvement but too earley to tell.

The TSi lumps seem to have better torque figures which is promising, but not much more BHP (around 10bhp in some cases on like for like engines - TTS vs S3). I think one of the biggest challenges VAG group have is making the rest of their cars drive like the S4 is supposed to, with feel, poise and driver engagement!

Poverty

2.0 tsi sorts out cam follower wear issues, more torque earlier, less emmissions and drinks less petrol!

The next audi's to set the motor world on fire will be the tt-rs and rs5. RS5 will defintely have the torque vectoring 4wd system like the new audi S4 so will be amazing.

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
Finally got round to making a vid of the tamed beast. Everyone on here pretty much knows this car's life history - However, for the first time ever, you can hear the full cry of the non-res Milltek exhaust, and the awesome "tssssssssst" noise from the Forge BOV.

Video is MPEG-4 (Needs Quicktime or other compatible video player installed):
Cupra Video (93.2 MB)

Right click the shortcut and select to "Save As". The MPEG-4/Quicktime video is very high quality.

Also uploaded to YouTube for those without a MAC or Quicktime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGRZOuxzZQ

Comments?

RCS2K4 that's a very nice video, although you didn't break the speed limit (we can trust you) ...:happy::rolleyes::)...!!!

Just a question though; in the specs of the car in the video start, you mention that you have a Milltek dp 76" with 100 cell catalyst...:confused: Was that a special order from Milltek or not, since they only produce dp+200 cell cats...:shrug: Did you have problems with the 100 cell cat like CELs, etc, or the stage 2 Revo code overrids all these ...??? Thanks !

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Hi, thanks for the comments peeps. I definatly did not break the speed limit while I was filming... ;)

As for the sports cat, Milltek definatly do supply 100 Cell variations. It's purchased seperatly, and just bolts between all the other bits of the exhaust system perfectly. It was quite a bit larger than the stock cat though, and some re-shaping of the heat shielding had to be carried out under the car.

The one fitted IIRC has engraved onto it something like "Milltek Sport-100 CPSI. Made in England". More on those below:

http://www.millteksport.com/hiflow.sports.cats.cfm

I requested 100-cell, and that was what was delivered. I would say the REVO code was modified to take it into account, but can't be certian as I was not present when it was being fitted. The cars map has been changed so much to make everything work together, I would say it probably was not missed out.

No error codes come up (now) etc, so think we have finally got there...

Last edited:

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
Awesome car mate!!

Does yr engine management light come on when revving to 7000rpm in 3rd and/or 4th?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.