The Santa Pod Grudge Match LC vs CTR vs ST

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Anyone going to Santa Pod on Sunday (22nd)?

I'm going with a few mates/collegues for a friendly grudge match to prove which is the quicker in a straight line, Leon Cupra, new shape Civic Type R and Focus ST. Another guy is coming in his T25 Scooby, so we won't be trying to beat that!

The Focus is chipped and the driver is pretty handy, so I reackon I'm going to struggle. The Type R is standard so I'm pretty confident of coming in faster.

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I would say this will be very close and mostly down to the starts you get and getting the power down.
do your home work and practice your starts, set your car up correctly and you should be mixing it with them. I'm sure your mates will be doing the above too

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Too close to call... depends on who is the better at the quarter mile.

Im shocking at it, but I enjoy it.

George

In all honesty I'd say you struggle. The Leons are heavy cars! But best of luck, do your research and practice launching - and you may surprise them if they haven't done their homework :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
There's tons of grip on the starting line at santa pod. It's a good 5mm deep in rubber.

i reckon timing your gear shifts will be more vital.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Is there a best tyre pressure setting for the strip at Santa Pod? I ran std pressures on a slightly damp track at Brunters and I was wondering whether I should have increased or decreased the PSI from OE recommendations or just leave them as they are. Brunters surface is not good so it was hard to know what to do.

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site
20 psi front .Leave the back as normal. Some say increase rear pressure for better rolling resistance

211bhp - 222ft lb.........14.6s @ 94mph Santa Pod

Not a bad for what equates to a standard lcr (210BHP AND 225BHP) .Had a race with a standard 225 when my lcr was standard (210bhp)and there really was nothing in it.You'll p-ss the CTR with a 14.6 unless your mate is exceptionally good at launching.
__

Why bother posting in a 1/4 mile thread then?

Last edited:

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
everytime i try to launch,i either put too much power in and i wheelspin,or put too little in and it doesnt shift :(

good luck for urself,pwn them noobs!!!!

jambondrums

20 psi front .Leave the back as normal. Some say increase rear pressure for better rolling resistance

211bhp - 222ft lb.........14.6s @ 94mph Santa Pod

Not a bad for what equates to a standard lcr (210BHP AND 225BHP) .Had a race with a standard 225 when my lcr was standard (210bhp)and there really was nothing in it.You'll p-ss the CTR with a 14.6 unless your mate is exceptionally good at launching.
__

Why bother posting in a 1/4 mile thread then?

That's interesting to know fella, I've fairly recently bought a 210 lcr, and have often wondered if the 225 is much, if any quicker!!:D

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
ST 2.0 or 2.5?

the latter remapped will destroy a LC with a k03s + any spec no problems at all, and iirc 1st gear in the ST is limited so very little spinning compared to a car bouncing around 6-7k

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.