the screw to hold on brake discs

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
i have been looking on the internet all day and cant find anywhere that sells them.. mines snapped and im getting a new hub.. does anyone know where i can get hold of one?

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
You don't actually need it to be honest!

It's only designed to hold the brake disc on to the hub until you put your wheel on.

It's the clamping action of the wheel/wheel-bolts that allows the disc to do what it's supposed to do ;)

GSF sell replacement screws for about 20p I think.

But I wouldn't be going through the hassle of fitting a new hub just for that.

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
haha thanks..
and have had some one try to get bolt out.. but it seems that the bolt has been cross threaded by the previous owner and me hitting a pop hole in it snapped it
so its stuck lol new hub and bearing 37 quid..
not all bad

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
haha thanks..
and have had some one try to get bolt out.. but it seems that the bolt has been cross threaded by the previous owner and me hitting a pop hole in it snapped it
so its stuck lol new hub and bearing 37 quid..
not all bad

my mate just brought a car with this same problem

i just got him a new hub (well used) from gtikezz

what side do you need?

GtiBoy

DubbedOut Owner
May 5, 2009
Botswana
www.dubbedoutclub.tk
Both my ibiza's had snaped retraining screws and i snapped to wheel bolts mainly because someone never tightened them up properly :think: and i got bad wheel wobble round and island :cartman: which must of put stress on them. I brought a full set of new bolts from seat £36 managed to get the 2 snapped ones out no probs and fitted the new ones

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
the dealer sells them! cheap to

Snapped one before, drilled it out and re-tapped the hole..... takes 10mins, easy as typing this post :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members