The spoiler is on ......

After having the spoiler floating around the garage for a few months I finally got the thing painted and managed to stick the thing on tonight, I just hope the adhesive holds as I cannot believe SEAT don't want yoy to screw the damn thing on !!! just 24 hours to go before I can drive it :)

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Good work.. Spoilers really do make Leons look so much better in my opinion! The rear end doesn't look finished without one..

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i do worry that it will come off ! i'm not 100% happy with the colour match but thats under a strip light, hopefully it will look better out in the daylight, if not i'm going to have it carbon wrapped.

Steve it will be fine mate , maybe a good idea not to shut the boot too hard for a few weeks , you can see mine flex if its shut too hard.
The reason its not screwed is the box design of the boot frame , if you look inside the boot looking out at the top you will see what i mean.

When the side skirts going on?

i'll try not not to let the wife shut the boot otherwise the spoiler will end up on the moon !!! I would have thought there should be some way of fixing it from the rear even if it mean't taking the rear brake light out, i'm not 100% happy with the fit but thats probably me being fussy or too much glue !

As for the skirts ... not sure I may fit them but will probably save up for an exhaust first. :)

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
When I had my spolier fitted I found there was a bit of movement in it for the first week or so. Therefore the adhesive actually takes a lot longer than 24hrs to cure. Although I did drive it round after 48 hrs with no issue.

Btw I'd avoid car washes from now on if I were you.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I've been putting mine through carwashes since I put it on and have never had any problems in over a year! Put my old Focus through carwashes too with a stuck on spoiler with no bad results.. Just use Sikaflex 221, that stuff will NEVER come off! :)

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
I've just got my rear spoiler and will be having it sprayed at the weekend ready for fitting, just wondering how people have fitted them as I am sure I've read in a thread on here that bonding to the glass can cause it to break (the glass)?? Any advice?

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Cheers steve, wasn't it you that was thinking of painting your spoiler gloss black at one time? thought about it myself and bottled it, just hope the colour match is good, been told red is tricky! If not a vinyl wrap may be in order!!

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Just wondering how people held their spoiler to the bootlid while the adhesive was 'going off' any better ideas than masking tape??

same here, lots of tape the only thing i would say is if you use tape make sure the spoiler has hardend well otherwise i have seen the glue on the tape react with the paint, also less is more when applying the adhesive.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.