The start of many little things..my car

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Want to just log all the small, not that amazing, things I've done to my car because im not that good with cars! learning..

Music...

Started off with the alpine type r 6x9's in the rear..

newcarpics5.jpg

Then I got the 12" type r sub and its other amp.. I stuck both the amps to the box because i need to take it in and out every so often.. Also another reason the subs facing that way it is, so its easier and faster to take out!

newcarpics.jpg

This is the sub with the seats down..

newcarpics2.jpg

I am wanting to upgrade the front speakers, although don't have any money right now, thinking of selling the alloys i bought, but not sure yet! Don't know what id prefer..

Handles then got done..

Damage:
HandleDamage.jpg

Sanded:
Stripped.jpg

Sprayed and finished drivers side:
PrimerAndSprayed.jpg

Sprayed and (partly)finished passengers side:
newcarpics3-1.jpg

I am going to re-do the top part of it though, ran out of both primer and the paint so it came out nasty and uneven..Nevermind!:p

Got the new front aero wipers too!
Will post a little picture of them sometime, big improvement!! :)

Not done anything else to this little car really... not had the money or the time :D
Ive posted this stuff in the wrong place before.. soo!!!! REPOSTED!!! spamming the forums, sorry!!!

btw, Im looking to buy some HID kit for me car so i can blind oncoming vehicles etc.. anyone know of any good places to get them? or would ebay be the best option? Thanks

Last edited:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Re-spraying the grab handles is definitely a worth while, cheap and easy little mod. I sprayed mine bright red to colour match to the car! Look like done a good job with yours!

Not too sure about huge sub, can't do much for the performance! lol.

On another note though, the front speakers are very easy & cheap to replace. Can't remember the exact dimensions, but just hunt around on ebay for the size that they are.
I got 2 sony explod speakers for the front for £15 for both from ebay, brand new, old stock from bankrupted company, they were about £50 in halfords!!!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
lol, i don't know the first thing about electrics, and managed to fit them pretty much hassle free.

Only thing I would suggest if you do it yourself, is read the threads on here first!!! As you have to take whole door panel off, and not just snap the plastic speaker cover off like I did :redface: as once the speaker cover is snapped off, it can't be put back on, unless you use lots and lots of heavy duty super glue, even then it kept falling off! lol

Always wanted a nice big deep sub... but never wanted to sacrifice space in boot or the weight it is! Considered getting the actual bass speaker and fitting it to parcel shelf, as the boot could act as like a huge sub box! lol. But as I've not seen anyone else do this, I presume it wouldn't work! lol.

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
hehe, i need the boot space some of the time, especially going from home to uni with a load of stuff!!

I just changed the speaker set up, used plugs which you can unfasten and change around, so the 6x9s still work (running on the original amp) and the whole sub box can just be lifted out :)..

although, going around town, driving from a day to day basis i don't need that boot space!!!

And putting a sub to the parcel shelf.. that'd rattle the parcel shelf to poo and would sound really really bad im thinking lol.. you really need a fixed enclosure for a sub depending on how large/powerful it is?? I think anyway..would be nice to see wat happens though :p

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah, but that's not too difficult to make some metal, or even some wooden (if on a budget!) struts to reinforce the parcel shelf. Don't think I'll do it though, will prob sound crap as for a sub to work properly it must be fully enclosed!

Got much else planned for you car? Is it the 1.4?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
making struts etc take up boot space and get in the way which is wat you dont need??

its the 1.4 yea..

Things im wanting to do..

Bi xenon HIDs, sidelight LED's
Alloys (have them, but got to sell cos I'm so broke)
De-dent my brothers **** PARKING SKILLS
Front components
Thinking about getting front upper strut brace
Rear wiper mk5 polo'd
De Chillinh my car of those nasty stickers..

and anything else that looks nice lol :)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
making struts etc take up boot space and get in the way which is wat you dont need??

its the 1.4 yea..

Things im wanting to do..

Bi xenon HIDs, sidelight LED's
Alloys (have them, but got to sell cos I'm so broke)
De-dent my brothers **** PARKING SKILLS
Front components
Thinking about getting front upper strut brace
Rear wiper mk5 polo'd
De Chillinh my car of those nasty stickers..

and anything else that looks nice lol :)

Sounds like you got your priorities sorted then, just what ever you don't mess around with engine, is a complete waste of time, you can get bugger all out of that awful engine! lol

Try making it handle like a go-kart, that's what I did, so nice to fly round the bends, out manoeuvring bigger more powerful cars, shame about the straight bits in between though! lol.

My model was the 's' model, and it debadged itself one day when I was cleaning it! lol.

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
lol it de badged itself.. i love that... wish mine would..

yea i aint going to try make it any faster, no point - dont want to waste precious money, rather save to buy a faster car! only problem with putting on extra mods which make it handle better, does it not affect the insurance??

i wreckon ill av this car atleast another 5 years(unless i crash or its stolen) lol, i got time to sort out all on that list!!!!!!! :D

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Right... nothing tooooo exciting, just a bunch of pics!

Cleaned and Waxed the car, except i forgot to do the alloys??? cant be bothered to get the bucket out again - they're not getting done!!:happy::
CIMG0789.jpg

The new aero wipers, I must add, work so much better!:
CIMG0788.jpg

Then the bi-xenon lights got fitted yesterday and they are prettybright!
Installed and looking good:
CIMG0795.jpg

Dipped:
CIMG0791.jpg

High:
CIMG0792.jpg

From dipped to high there is no delay, they just move in and out i think..make a cool clicky noise while they do this...:)

Next I will be getting a couple of decent LED's for my sidelights, because right now, the sidelights look silly!!

Last edited:

shaneo

very bright! would of gone for angel lights :) would look sick on your car :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members