Thinking of coming over to the DARK SIDE (SEAT)!

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
hi guys,
i currently own a fabia vRS and am thinking quite seriously about changing it for an ibiza FR or Cupra as i`m looking for a more exciting car and i don`t do enough miles to warrant a diesel. I only do 8 miles to work and my TDI is only just warmed up by then so my mpg is little better than a petrol car. I also am getting tired of the "on/off" power delivery of diesels too. Want something a bit more progressive and the ibiza seems to have a much higher standard equipment level than any fabia and a better choice of colours too. I definately want a turbo petrol and i`m not shelling out loads for a Polo GTI. I could get my fabia remapped but i`d prefer to have my warranty intact (just in case). My question is (finally) is a Cupra worth the extra few grand over an FR? If this has been covered please point me to the thread! I am looking foe either new or second hand. Also is the pre2002 mk4 cupra the same as the current model minus its new looks? thanks for your time guys. :)

gazjones

hi mate fr 20vt is good if you want to moddify it remap and al that as it will be the same as a remapped cupra but if you not wanting to do that get the cupra, it has better brakes plus fmic and looks great!

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
don`t suppose the cupra/fr has lumbar adjustment on the front seats does it? I really miss that as my fabia doesn`t have it. :cry:

Domster

My cupra doesn't have lumbar support - not too sure on the FR... Have to say though - I've only had it nearly two months and it makes me grin during/after every trip...

Numenor

Moddin' Noob
May 15, 2006
Nowhere Important
Ive had my Fr for about 2 weeks now, and like the post above, whenever I drive mine I can't help smiling. Amazing car as standard, and if you want to add a few extras to it it will just get better!

It comes down to your preference, do you prefer the Fr or the Cupra?

Martin Pick

Somebody buy my Ibiza!!
Jun 23, 2006
a remap is one of the few thngs i haven`t done to my fabia. I`m not going down the modding route this time so i want better performance straight away which is why i`m prettyy sure i want the cupra noew its just a case of actually finding one at a realistic price and year. :cry: