Thinking of getting new springs

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
What do you recommend??

Talking to Will (P-Torque) today after my map he mention Eibech what do people think of these;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
For track driving its deffinately worth spending a bit on a good shocks.
The longer the tyres are in contact with the road/track the better traction you get, especially in a FWD car.
Stay away for FSD's look at KW set up if you can afford it.
Depends on your coin, I'd say go straight for KW coilovers.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I am a bit confused why you suggested just springs in your title? There's not much technology in springs, they basically carry the weight of the car at a particular height. It's the dampers that make the difference in the drive. As Willie says, it's worth spending a bit on good shocks.

If you can afford Eibach dampers then go for it, they're pretty good stuff from what I remember.

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
I did mean to say suspension, been looking around at prices not going to be able to buy new so just having a look around for a used set.;)

Aug 26, 2008
West Midlands
I rate the Weitec 50mm front and rear full suspension kit on my LC 180.

Best thing ever - rate it soo much over the standard setup and havent got a crashy or harsh setup at all the springs and shocks. I was a bit worried about going so low due to having a child in the car but even the misses has noticed the difference, I have no issues with speed humps & also full car no rubbing at all.

Body roll has been heavily reduced I'm alot more confident in the handling of the car and also added with my front whiteline ARB the car has been transformed!

My honest opinon is it doesnt get much better than this! One very pleased Weitec customer!

picture.php

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I rate the Weitec 50mm front and rear full suspension kit on my LC 180.

Best thing ever - rate it soo much over the standard setup and havent got a crashy or harsh setup at all the springs and shocks. I was a bit worried about going so low due to having a child in the car but even the misses has noticed the difference, I have no issues with speed humps & also full car no rubbing at all.

Body roll has been heavily reduced I'm alot more confident in the handling of the car and also added with my front whiteline ARB the car has been transformed!

My honest opinon is it doesnt get much better than this! One very pleased Weitec customer!

picture.php
With 40mm drop you might have issues come MOT time

Scruff

Mar 11, 2010
Not wanting to invade the thread but i wanna drop my LC 30mm on Eibachs, will i have any issues with tyre scrub or will there still be plenty of clearance? (New set of 17s on the way too :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.