Thinking of selling my 2010 Cupra R, but what's it worth?

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Brilliant. Your getting pi**ed of because you probably realise. Look the wheels and skirts as repairable however the leather isn't.

I honestly haven't seen a cupra r seats like that before whether you want to have a paddy over it.

Your starting to become boring. And your commenting on a site where 90% of people really look after the car then what you expect.

There ripped not marked aswell I bet you can't find any other cupra r leathers like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
You perhaps, but the seats are not ****ed, yes the leather is marked, but most normal humans don't spend a lot of time in the back of their car!!!! And only on taking these pictures today did I actually realise the marks are there. Yes its a shame they're not immaculate, welcome to the real world!

Of course I understand the anal retentive owners club fanboy will not want a car that has any defects, but this car has been used like a car. My wife and dog and other interests get a lot more attention than the car, because it is a ****ing car!!! It has been used to transport people and dogs and stuff like wardrobes and surfboards, because I have a life and I don't spend all my time buffing and polishing and having a wank over other people's forum posts.

You can stop commenting on my thread now, your posts have been 100% complete and utter bollocks, so thanks for nothing.

As for the car and it's value, we will see how much it goes for in the end, maybe I'll even end up part exchanging it for £11k because I can't be arsed to deal with dickheads like you!!!

The fact is you are selling (or trying to) what is a rare vehicle ( only 300 odd in the UK ) and are on an enthusiasts forum. Both those facts are reasons why people on here are perhaps more fussy than the general public.
In addition , the old saying 'first impressions count' also applies, anyone looking to buy your car is going to spot the interior and assume (rightly or wrongly, I don't know) that the rest of the vehicle has been treated badly. The problem with interior trim damage is that it can be expensive to put right, more so than stone chips (which are expected )
Imagine you are a buyer. Presented with two R's , similar age & mileage, one cossetted like a baby the other used as any other vehicle. Which would you chose, if you are honest? Yes, yours might be a lower price but the other will still be more attractive to many.
Might be worth finding out how much it would cost to repair the leather, and then either get it done or take it into account with the selling price.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You perhaps, but the seats are not ****ed, yes the leather is marked, but most normal humans don't spend a lot of time in the back of their car!!!! And only on taking these pictures today did I actually realise the marks are there. Yes its a shame they're not immaculate, welcome to the real world!

Of course I understand the anal retentive owners club fanboy will not want a car that has any defects, but this car has been used like a car. My wife and dog and other interests get a lot more attention than the car, because it is a ****ing car!!! It has been used to transport people and dogs and stuff like wardrobes and surfboards, because I have a life and I don't spend all my time buffing and polishing and having a wank over other people's forum posts.

You can stop commenting on my thread now, your posts have been 100% complete and utter bollocks, so thanks for nothing.

As for the car and it's value, we will see how much it goes for in the end, maybe I'll even end up part exchanging it for £11k because I can't be arsed to deal with dickheads like you!!!
Easy fella, there's no need to be like that.

It's not easy to hear someone criticise your car but in fairness the comments are justified, its not just a single person that has commented either, after seeing the pictures a number of people have the same opinion.

As said this is a forum where car lovers would be looking to buy your car and openly admitting you cart the dog about in it isn't something most cupra/R owners would do. I have a dog but unless it was a serious matter and she needed rushing to the vets, she aint getting in my car, dogs don't give a damn about your leather interior or seat backs.

You have to understand that any defects that are on your car are going to put off an enthusiast (who are probably your target market) the seats if you are completely honest with yourself are not in very good condition and being one of the main features of the car is going to mean most people would probably walk away at the money you're asking.

I personally wouldn't describe it as general wear and tear, because imo a car like this ought to have been the owners pride and joy, which to me at least means doing everything you can to avoid things like scratches, scuffs on the wheels, rips/scuffs on the leather.

I don't think it's a case of being too honest, it's more just admitting the fact the car isn't in the condition you'd like it to be.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
32890d65adeae9ca7883ab3a097c25b6.jpg

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
ahh, I see now. Wow, that is such a shame! It;s a great looking car but that would make me look elsewhere too. I know it's not what the seller wants to here but it's the truth.

Nothing wrong with using a car just as a form of transport but unfortunately if you want to throw your surf board in a car and let your dog all over the back then this is what can happen.

Its the reason why my 3 year old knows... if we go out in daddy's car.... then your shoes come off before you get into my car. the leather can get damages so easily.

I looked at two Cupra R's before I bought mine. Both had interior's which had marks (no where nearly as bad as that, and I walked away. In fact, the first I drove 2 hours to view the car, got there saw the back seat was scuffed and I got back into my car and drove home.

Right price, right buyer, right deal... and it will sell. Good luck, someone will still get a great car... albeit it rough around the edges.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Yeah I agree pal but if it was me the leather would put me off because it would cost a lot to repair it.

And I knew everytime somebody got in the back they would think the same aswell. Would always be in my conscious.

From the original photo it looks mint but it's good your have put the problems in.

I hope you will sell it pal but would t be for me spending all that money

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
If it was e i would look into if a local leather repair company can do anything about that

Willem

FYI,

Sold for £12,450 the other week.

Which is pretty much exactly what i wanted for it in the end!

W.

Willem

i am happy.

Quite a bit of interest on Autotrader, averaged 300-400 views a week, but distance clearly played a part, only 2 people were willing to come to Pembroke to buy it in the end!

Replaced it with this:
%24_57%2B(1).JPG

:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise