THS Quickshift fitted

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Got the quickshift fitted yesterday am. Pretty reasonable price, £50 for the THS one, much cheaper than the forge and neuspeed versions. Saw the review about it in Redline last month where they fitted it in their mk1 tt. Their review was pretty positive so thought i'd give it a go. Got a local mechanic to do it cause I'm hopeless with this sort of thing-although to be honest after watching him do it I could definately do it myself. I may have to alter the setup slightly depending on what advice any of you's can give me, but if so I'll certainly be doing it myself this time.
Anyway, the mechanic who fitted it has just bought a standard mkv golf gti, and was asking about the mods/remap etc. He fitted it in about 40mins then took it for a spin and said it worked great and that he was definately going to have to get one after he got his golf remaped.
Before he drove it, he was sitting in the car going through the gears, and the changes seemed louder- kind of a little clunky, certainly more so than before, so anyone with a quickshift fitted to a mk2 leon, did you find this too?
The overall feeling is quite positive I have to say, feels nice with the throw being a lot shorter, I set it to the shortest throw possible, and the gear changes are ok, but they maybe dont engage just as easily as they did before...or maybe I'm just a little worried about having to force them as I dont want to wreck anything having changed something, you know?
Should I just change the setting slightly and see how it goes or is it normal for the gear changes to feel a little stiffer/more clunky after fitting a quickshift?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Anyone?I know a few of you guys out there have the forge quickshift fitted, any feedback on this would be good

have a look to check the tightness of the fixing. my forge isnt notchy at all. not sure about the THS but the forge one is adjustable. i have it set to medium as and shorter i did find it easy to mis gears or struggle getting it in gear when driving 'briskly'.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Thanks for that vRSy, do you mean the tightness of the actual bolt holding the quickshift in place, or the tightness of the adjustable bolt for the length of the throw?i guess ill check both anyway. yeah it is adjustable, its set at the shortest throw at the minute, but ill maybe adjust it back a little, see how that works. thanks for the help

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Anyone?I know a few of you guys out there have the forge quickshift fitted, any feedback on this would be good

I've got the Forge one fitted to mine.. Haven't had any problems with it in about 20k miles so far touch wood! Mine isn't hard to get into gear and doesn't feel any different from standard, it just goes in a lot quicker! :)

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah thanks for the comments everyone, changed the setting a little, moved it a little closer to half way and its much better, as smooth as the original changes were, and still much shorter, thanks for the help

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Can you people advise on the source/prices for the various versions please. I am keen on one of these to be fitted to the box with the LSD next week.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I got mine direct from the Forge website.. Seemed to be the cheapest place for the Forge one at the time! :)

Not sure on the prices of the other versions..

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
The forge one is under £100 but cant remember exactly how much, the ths I bought was £50-their ebsite was sold out but they had an ebay auction from their shop so bought it there instead. vw racing and vw speed both have versions of it-both around the £130-150 mark, and neuspeed has a version too, again around the £130 mark iirc. Its not really like youd have to have it fitted to the box, you just replace the oem one with the new one and reconnect the cables, it sits just under where the oem airbox is and has one 13mm bolt holding it in place- for somone who knows what theyre doing, it takes around half an hour from start to finish. The longest bit to be honest was trying to get the engine cover back on again, im finally looking at a cai though so ill be happy when that cover's gone for good.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Got mine from JKM, took 5 mins to fit and is one of the nicest mods, set to shortest throw the shift is slightly heavier (it has to be, leverage etc) but much more positive, don't bother with the side to side short shift, this'll just make changing gear trickier!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise